GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 outsells PS3 in Japan"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/07 at 10:26
Regular
Clicky

Start of a turnaround, or a flash in the pan?
Wed 14/11/07 at 17:13
Regular
X360 out sells PS3.

PS3 outsells Wii.

Therefore, Wii is in last place in the console "race" omg!!!!!!11212313
Wed 14/11/07 at 15:55
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
PS3 outsells Wii in Japan

Early numbers and presumably Wii sales are supply restricted (although I've read articles saying this isnt true in Japan).
Sun 11/11/07 at 21:54
Regular
For myself, the Wii hasn't been a waste at all. Knowing it was a Nintendo-based console, I looked at it logically. Nintendo games will dominate the catalog of games.

Therefore, I have enjoyed the few games I've bought for it over the last year - including the many Virtual Console games.

My other current gen console (excluding the handhelds) is the Xbox 360 - and I havne't regretted that either. However I have found the amount of titles I want to buy rather lacking. The last game I bought on release was Halo 3, and before that Spider-man 3. I have found that most of the Live Arcade games haven't been worthwhile downloading...and its a good thing that they allow you to try before you buy...something I wish Nintendo would allow on the Wii, however I can't say that there's anything taking firm hold of my interest on the 360 at present.

PS3 would most certainly be a waste for me. The only advantage I see over 360 is blu-ray...and then I'm not going to spend a fortune on films when there are DVDs I can get for a third of the price (especially when I haven't yet invested in HD-ready TV). I know the visual improvement is really good but it's not quite like the jump from VHS to DVD...

Back on topic though - I see Wii's sales slowing down now, PS3 and 360 will once again overtake. Though I don't think Wii will simply fade out...so long as Nintendo keep up the advertising and promote the Wii-DS link in the future...
Sun 11/11/07 at 21:22
Regular
"Mooching around"
Alfonse wrote:
> With only a few days before Super Mario comes out? But yeah, I
> haven't bought a game since before Summer.

Indeed, especially since I have no real interest in Super Mario. Nothing in my opinion has ever come close to the Super Nintendo days of mario :)

Bar perhaps the late DS attempt.

There's no depth in any of the games, most of the good ones make quite little use of the Wiis motion sensing, and in fact the only game I've found worth playing is Wii Sports!

What a waste.
Sun 11/11/07 at 18:55
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> Fickle? The japanese market is anything but I think.

Hardware-wise.

It tends to be software driven. Maybe fickle wasn't the right word though...
Sun 11/11/07 at 13:43
Regular
With only a few days before Super Mario comes out? But yeah, I haven't bought a game since before Summer.
Sun 11/11/07 at 12:17
Regular
"Mooching around"
I regret buying the Wii so much lately.
Sat 10/11/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Fickle? The japanese market is anything but I think.
Sat 10/11/07 at 11:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
pb wrote:
> Wii will still sell well,

That's a pretty amazing word sequence.
Fri 09/11/07 at 23:46
"possibly impossible"
Wii will still sell well, because Nintendo will continue to bring out interesting software for non-gamers and casual gamers.

PS3 will pick up in Japan as soon as another decent title that meets the Japanese gamers likes comes out, the weekly sales are all about software, after all.

The Japanese market is fickle, though, and while there is a trend for home grown goods, if home grown software appears it won't matter that the console itself is from another country.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.