GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 outsells PS3 in Japan"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/07 at 10:26
Regular
Clicky

Start of a turnaround, or a flash in the pan?
Fri 09/11/07 at 10:26
Regular
Clicky

Start of a turnaround, or a flash in the pan?
Fri 09/11/07 at 11:52
"possibly impossible"
Weekly sales can be up and down like a rollercoaster. If Microsoft can find more titles that satisfy the Japanese audience they can possibly keep the momentum up, but I doubt it.

Still, at least the installed userbase gets bigger and more asian 3rd parties will get interested.
Fri 09/11/07 at 17:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Doesn't surprise me.

I can imagine that it is the start of the turnaround.

The Wii's high sales are down to clever marketing "oh no! not enough!" tactic when there are plenty gathering dust somewhere in a Nintendo warehouse.

Wii wll most likely be dead by next Christmas.
Fri 09/11/07 at 17:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
hippyman wrote:
> I can imagine that it is the start of the turnaround.

You need a pretty vivid imagination to think a microsoft console in Japan is going to do better than its homegrown consoles I believe. :)
Fri 09/11/07 at 23:46
"possibly impossible"
Wii will still sell well, because Nintendo will continue to bring out interesting software for non-gamers and casual gamers.

PS3 will pick up in Japan as soon as another decent title that meets the Japanese gamers likes comes out, the weekly sales are all about software, after all.

The Japanese market is fickle, though, and while there is a trend for home grown goods, if home grown software appears it won't matter that the console itself is from another country.
Sat 10/11/07 at 11:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
pb wrote:
> Wii will still sell well,

That's a pretty amazing word sequence.
Sat 10/11/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Fickle? The japanese market is anything but I think.
Sun 11/11/07 at 12:17
Regular
"Mooching around"
I regret buying the Wii so much lately.
Sun 11/11/07 at 13:43
Regular
With only a few days before Super Mario comes out? But yeah, I haven't bought a game since before Summer.
Sun 11/11/07 at 18:55
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> Fickle? The japanese market is anything but I think.

Hardware-wise.

It tends to be software driven. Maybe fickle wasn't the right word though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.