GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 23:06
Regular
It has been ages since I have heard or seen anything about this game, it is expected to be a huge hit and has already been put back from release again and again. Has anyone heard anything new about this game recently? I want to know when it will be out and a bit more about the game other than the stuff that has been around for ages.
Fri 15/03/02 at 15:40
Personally, I can't wait for this game to reach us, but I am still yet to see ANY pictures, video clips or any sort of media on the game, which suggests that production is either very slow, or has been cancelled. I don't expect it to be very good - probably have sh'te voiceovers and want not, but it COULD be a winner if handled correctly. I hope that whoever is in development keeps this project alive (resurrects it if possible) and we have one helluva game based on one helluva film!
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:28
I got the new OPS2 mag today, and apparently it's due for release in October. That's 7 months away, and we haven't heard anything much about this game since it was first announced. I hope it does come out this year, but why haven't we heard any more news or pictures ????? Grrr
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:36
Regular
Maybe we should be asking the Getawhere?
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:49
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
> Ha, i wasnt having a go at you, just a bit of friendly advice. :D

Agony Aunt Pro Evo, ask him a question and he'll reply in a matter of years!

Question: What shall i do, i have a toilet seat stuck over my head? And my wife has left me because, i had an affair?
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:50
Regular
Or we could ask the Getawhen?
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Play have it scheduled for release on 29th March. They did have it put down as 30th March a few days ago so they obviously haven't just forgotten about it. Hopefully, it will be out then.
Sat 16/03/02 at 10:04
Regular
We can't let this game getaway....

I love these inner city drivin' games.
There's a couple more similar titles in the PS2 works: "Cash On Delivery" and "Starsky & Hutch" - only time will tell if they will be able to compete with the likes of GTA3.
Sun 17/03/02 at 20:33
Regular
"round the outside"
gamespot.co.uk has getaway p[ics
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Do they? But how old are they? Are they the same ones that were in the mags last year with the silver car ect?
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If this game's development had stopped, then I think we would have been told by now. I think they are trying to pull the same marketing stratagy that Max Payne did on the PC.

Basically the developers release info and screenshots early in the games development then nothing. After a long wait more updated info and screenshots would be released about a month or so before the games release just to get everyones attension back.

Weather or not this game is using the same stratagy we'll have to see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.