GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 23:06
Regular
It has been ages since I have heard or seen anything about this game, it is expected to be a huge hit and has already been put back from release again and again. Has anyone heard anything new about this game recently? I want to know when it will be out and a bit more about the game other than the stuff that has been around for ages.
Mon 18/03/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Was reading a PS2 mag on the train home today (PSW I think??) and they said that the early screens were indeed artistic impressions of the game, I think the newer ones are actually in game shots. I just hope that Sony realise the potential the game has and use their magic dust on this one.
I would rather it took longer to produce and looks and plays well rather than have it rushed and be pants.
Mon 18/03/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Play have changed their mind again. June 28th now.
Mon 18/03/02 at 19:30
Regular
"You Bum!!"
It should be a classic if the developers will try and make it different to GTA3. As with most top games in each genre, they are likely to be copied by some rubbish conversions and if Sony just manage to make the game different and offer a range of features, I believe it will work
Mon 18/03/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats the reason - Because the early shots looked incredibly realistic every other shot fails to look as good!! Im just hoping they get the gameplay right - If so this could be a classic!!
Mon 18/03/02 at 18:48
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i read somewhere that the reason that we have seen no running gameplay footage is beacause all the screenshots that have been doing the rounds were in fact artistic impressions of what they thought they could do with the new hardware... dont forget we were seeing amazingly detailed screenshots before the consoles release...
Mon 18/03/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
The more pictures I see of the game the less impressive it looks each time!!
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If this game's development had stopped, then I think we would have been told by now. I think they are trying to pull the same marketing stratagy that Max Payne did on the PC.

Basically the developers release info and screenshots early in the games development then nothing. After a long wait more updated info and screenshots would be released about a month or so before the games release just to get everyones attension back.

Weather or not this game is using the same stratagy we'll have to see.
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Do they? But how old are they? Are they the same ones that were in the mags last year with the silver car ect?
Sun 17/03/02 at 20:33
Regular
"round the outside"
gamespot.co.uk has getaway p[ics
Sat 16/03/02 at 10:04
Regular
We can't let this game getaway....

I love these inner city drivin' games.
There's a couple more similar titles in the PS2 works: "Cash On Delivery" and "Starsky & Hutch" - only time will tell if they will be able to compete with the likes of GTA3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.