GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KISS MY ROSY RED BAD ANIMATING TECHNIQUE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 18:05
Regular
Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah.

And you thought I was stupid. :0D

It actually turns out I DID back up the story. Last year.

So I've lost most of the story, a good 35 mins of it, actually.

I have recovered:

The first trailer.
The first 8 and a half minutes.
And a three and a half minute scene when Grix enters his mind for the first time, which I cut out and am now using for Amneshire, just better animated, naturally.

So what does this mean?

Well, it means at some point I'm going to go back to the stories. It really was a lot of fun to do... I mean, when the whole princible is "make it look crap because you can't do any better", it's hilarious to watch.

So... well, the eight minutes or so is 108 meg. I'll try and compress it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to. I'll try Divxing it, I'm not even sure what codec it's in at the moment...

The three minute cut scene is about thirty meg, and the trailer is already uploaded and you've seen anyway.

Haven't uploaded them yet, obviously, but still, they're there. I'll see what I can do with the 8 minutes or so, so you can see it.

Just remember.

It's MEANT to look bad. :0D
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
www.swordspines.com but it's a little out of date at the moment, considering the second trailer is gone. :0D

All the same, I'll find somewhere to put 100 meg or so, and I'll start uploading it. Bare in mind I have 56k. :0)
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:41
"possibly impossible"
I'll be waiting with baited breath. (must get some mints..)

I'm considering finding some time to learn Flash animations too. I've got the software, it's finding the time. If only it was part of my job I could get training for it!
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:52
"+ suspicious minds"
stangely enough, there is nothing there?

is that what you class as 'dated'?

;)
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have Broadband, so I'm happy. {:)

Go Grixster.
Wed 13/11/02 at 19:41
I live too far away from places to get broadband.

*Cries*

Just hope ole Emma (my computer) can download this...

(:)
Wed 13/11/02 at 19:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Mexcellent.
Wed 13/11/02 at 20:11
There are no links on the site to download any animation. Are these Flash animations? If so how come they sre such a big size? Anyway keep up the (apparently) good work!

I also have done some Flash work, http://www.dappermedia.com

One of my fav animation I've done is at:
http://www.dappermedia.com/monster.html
Wed 13/11/02 at 22:35
Regular
"KISS MY ROSY RED BAD ANIMATING TECHNIQUE!"
Is that another way of saying "Kiss my ass"? If it is why didn't you just say so. You know I'll...(Shoosh!)err nevermind.
Thu 14/11/02 at 08:02
Regular
tooBad wrote:
> There are no links on the site to download any animation. Are these
> Flash animations? If so how come they sre such a big size? Anyway keep
> up the (apparently) good work!

The animation I saw from Grix was a trailer for the star wars story that a lot of members wrote together and it was amazing. Didnt see anymore though, guess I've been missing out if its 100mb now :D
Thu 14/11/02 at 08:28
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Mystique wrote:
> "KISS MY ROSY RED BAD ANIMATING TECHNIQUE!"
> *******
> Is that another way of saying "Kiss my ass"? If it is why
> didn't you just say so. You know I'll...(Shoosh!)err nevermind.

Shuddap! F00l!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.