GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played an x-box 2day, no match for GC!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 20:24
Regular
I played some driving game on x-box today in a shop and it was ****! U bounce off the side of the track even though you are no where near the barrier! YUCK!! GC is going to RULE!!!
Sun 17/03/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

No, I think you'll
> find that YOU are the only thinkg that sucks around here.

You're poorly
> argued, one-sided biased views of an entire console based on playing a demo of
> one game is about as credible as believing GW Bush when he says that Global
> Warming doesn't exist.

> Pure stupidity.

> Sonic

Frankly do you expect most people in this forum to be jumping around saying that the X-Box is great?

It's a Nintendo forum after all!

I admit that the X-Box is an OK console, and I also know that the Gamecube is a sweeeeeet console! But that's cos I've played on each quite a lot. Most of the people in here won't have done, so you've got to allow for their rash judgements!

:)
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:22
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
jc99041 wrote:
> I played some driving game on x-box today in a shop and it was ****! U bounce
> off the side of the track even though you are no where near the barrier! YUCK!!
> GC is going to RULE!!!

No, I think you'll find that YOU are the only thinkg that sucks around here.

You're poorly argued, one-sided biased views of an entire console based on playing a demo of one game is about as credible as believing GW Bush when he says that Global Warming doesn't exist.

Pure stupidity.

Sonic
Sat 16/03/02 at 14:10
Im glad you guys told me, i decided to wait and not pre-order, and was going to go and buy one, but i ended up waiting, im going to see how the xbox does, and ill get the cube on launch date, my loyalty card is going to love me :D.
Sat 16/03/02 at 13:27
I am a former sega fan and I got a playstation and playstation 2 but before you ninties rip my head off I want to say that I am pre-ordering a gamecube because they are they best for really unique games and I wanna play PSO with my b band on a cube quite unique really
Sat 16/03/02 at 01:41
Only once you have played on the gamecube for an extended period of time and played on the XBox for an extended period of time can you make a judgement. And even then its IN YOUR OPINION.
Fri 15/03/02 at 22:14
I played project gotham today in COMET and graphically the game looks nice.

However, The controller is very chunky and it is very hard to reach every button on the pad!

The game plays alot like Gran Turismo on the PS as it is very slow and hard to make the car corner. I hate games like that. If you going to steer the car you want to go round with speed!

The Xbox itself is very big and sticks out.

Personally, I think that I have done the right thing pre-ordering a cube for release.

I've now held every controller and the cube's is deffinately the most comfortable one!

Roll on May 3rd, 48 days to go!

SINFIELD
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:56
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
And I suppose that this means that the Xbox is crap and that the Gamecube will be amazing...? Lets all judge things by the first things we see.
I can see another anti-climax approaching, amazing gamecube? We will have to wait...
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:10
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I played that game, it was absolute bull****. You don't even know where anything is before you hit it. Not because of the speed (what speed?) but because you hit it when you are in reality 3 metres away from it.
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Was that game called 'Project Gotham Racing'???
It's also known as MSR 2, and the prequel is known as the best Dreamcast racer, and one of the best racers around!

But surely the game can't be that bad???
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:00
I've just been over to the XBOX forum, and they are goin on about their xbox arriving and getting so excited.

I bet they were so disappointed when they played it!

I agree with you totally, the gameplay is nothing special, Halo is pretty good and looks smart, but no match to the cube!

Roll on may 3rd!

SINFIELD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.