GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rage cheats."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rage'.
Mon 05/08/13 at 12:44
Regular
hi everyone out there, its been a while.
ive seen the cheat list for RAGE, but I cannot for the life of me find the folder that im supposed to, ( the installation folder). Can anyone help??
Wed 28/08/13 at 20:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Why play RAGE?

It's ported as a FPS but any real progress is achieved through winning 'races' which aren't part of the FPS portfolio!

Simple terms ... don't/can't race ... don't progress!

So you're faced with a dilemma ... blow £30 on a full price game and fail to progress or blow £4 on an offer and fail!

Wish that id had considered this drastic move when they were developing the game, as the FPS 'bits' are quite satisfying!

Why does a well respected developer like id and John Carmack consider this game to be an acceptable release from such a well respected and reknowned gaming stable?

A shocking excuse for a FPS ... 50%
Sat 24/08/13 at 16:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi hollydog ...

If you are still interested then I've got the RAGE cheats to work. The solution is not as you appear to have been told. This is using Steam!

Let me know :¬)

EDIT:

Nothing major ... just an addition to the RAGE properties on Steam and the 'correct' keyboard 'press' ;¬)
Tue 13/08/13 at 11:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hollydog wrote:
tried that as well, but it doesn't seem to work either.

Hi hollydog ...

Try adding this to your Steam launch options ... it's slightly different than mentioned earlier:

+com_allowConsole 1

Now run the game and press the " ¬ " key ... the one below the Esc key and to the the left of 1. (Obviously without using the shift key!)

Let me know :¬)

The installation folder should be found by going to c:\program files\steam. From there, go to steam\steamapps\common\rage. The file could also be in rage\base. But you should find the one you are looking for, if the above doesn't do the trick.
Mon 12/08/13 at 19:29
Regular
tried that as well, but it doesn't seem to work either.
Fri 09/08/13 at 20:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hollydog wrote:
Ive tried both types, but neither works as I cant get the console to come up !. but never mind eh, things like that always seem to happen to me.

Happens all the time, but instead of ...

"When you're playing the game, press ~ to display the console window. "

...press the key to the left of '1'. Sometimes this is an alternative keypress.
Fri 09/08/13 at 18:10
Regular
Ive tried both types, but neither works as I cant get the console to come up !. but never mind eh, things like that always seem to happen to me.
Wed 07/08/13 at 17:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hollydog wrote:
Many thanks you two, the command line thingy reminds me of the "return to castle wolfenstein"

Same engine as were many other popular FPS ... Doom etc, Quake etc and others and the early CoD series :¬)
Wed 07/08/13 at 17:33
Regular
Many thanks you two, the command line thingy reminds me of the "return to castle wolfenstein"
Wed 07/08/13 at 16:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I agree totally chas. But as Freeola have a 'cheats' section and award gads for it...then if people feel the need, then assistance can be offered! Whether it works or not depends on many factors, but if that's your chosen route...here's help :¬)

It isn't complicated ... have a look yourself!
Wed 07/08/13 at 16:29
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
hollydog wrote:
[i]hi everyone out there, its been a while.
ive seen the cheat list for RAGE, but I cannot for the life of me find the folder that im supposed to, ( the installation folder). Can anyone help??

Hi hollydog and welcome to the forums ...

As an alternative you can add the "+set com_allowconsole 1" command line parameter to end of the "Target" field in the "Shortcut" properties that you use to launch the game. When you're playing the game, press ~ to display the console window. Then, type one of the following codes and press [Enter] to activate the corresponding cheat function:

Toggle God mode cvarAdd g_permaGodMode [0 or 1]
Toggle infinite ammunition cvarAdd g_infiniteAmmo [0 or 1]
Toggle infinite vehicle boost cvarAdd vehicle_infiniteboost [0 or 1]
Toggle no damage to vehicles cvarAdd vehicle_god [0 or 1]
All items cost $1 cvarAdd g_vendorSalePriceScale -1
Disable gore cvarAdd g_EnableGore -1

Or if you are using Steam, right-click the "Rage" option at the Steam control panel, and select "Properties" under the "My Games" tab. In the General tab, select "Set Launch Options", enter "+set com_allowconsole 1" in that field, and accept it. While playing the game, press ~ to display the console window etc etc[/i]

Seems awfully complicated...

I'd rather just play the game!

Without cheats! Much more fun....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.