GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 16:55
Regular
so what's with the sudden uprise in game interest, resident evil and resident evil:nemesis, house of the dead, dead or alive, tekken, etc (suppose parappa the rappa is next) Has someone told the movie companies, game based films win oscars? They always change it anyway, why are then characters in res evil film named alice and rain? why did they ruin there one chance with final fantasy, not like final fantasy 7/8 didn't have twists or a good storyline? Anyone know any other games-movies due and what do you think
of the current ones, think I prefer books to films like LotR.
Mon 18/03/02 at 13:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I just found an article on Gamespot.com that State of Emergency is also going to made into a film. Bit of a strange choice, here's the link anyway:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2849498,00.html
Sun 17/03/02 at 10:29
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
No, 'this guy' isn't trying to be banned. I don't think retard is a particularly strong offensive word.
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Is this guy trying to be banned? Going around calling people 'retard' dont you think that this is whats known as offensive language?

Any way, I apolagies to anyone who was upset by me wrongly saying that CTHD was a Japanese film when really it was Chinese.
Sat 16/03/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
CDouch wrote:
> SK wrote:
> Just for information, Resident Evil: The Movie came out on
> American cinemas
> today.

Oh and there is a Metal Gear Solid movie being
> made.. BUT DON'T GET
> ALL HAPPY AND CELEBRATE because it's being FILMED IN
> JAPAN with JAPANESE ACTORS
> and all in the JAPANESE LANGUAGE. Hmm, sounds
> great doesn't it?!?

That sounds like a little movie called...Crouching Tiger
> Hiden Dragon. Which did very well over here, so why is that a bad thing? They're
> the ones who created MGS, they know it better than anyone, I would much rather
> have the movie in their hands than some american who will just change the whole
> thing.

I knew there'd be someone to act like this. I'm not saying I don't like subtitled movies as there are plenty of subtitled movies which I think are great.

And anyway, Crouching Tiger was Chinese you retard. Don't act like you know what you're talking about if you don't!

Plus, how many Japanese actors do you think you're gonna know in this Metal Gear Solid film. In CTHD, there was Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh. At least I knew some of the actors in it.
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:03
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
MGS the film will be helluva lot better if made by the Japanese!

I take it those of you who are saying it'll be naff haven't watched hardly any Jap films. There great! If it was made by the Americans it'd probably just turn out to be a cheesy James Bond type film!

Oh and as for the Dead or Alive movie. Can't wait to see that one! :D~

:)
Fri 15/03/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Loads of people for some reason liked the foreign Crouching Tiger didn't they.

But I'd agree with you, hate foreign films - can't stand subtitles.
Fri 15/03/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
SK wrote:
> Just for information, Resident Evil: The Movie came out on American cinemas
> today.

Oh and there is a Metal Gear Solid movie being made.. BUT DON'T GET
> ALL HAPPY AND CELEBRATE because it's being FILMED IN JAPAN with JAPANESE ACTORS
> and all in the JAPANESE LANGUAGE. Hmm, sounds great doesn't it?!?

That sounds like a little movie called...Crouching Tiger Hiden Dragon. Which did very well over here, so why is that a bad thing? They're the ones who created MGS, they know it better than anyone, I would much rather have the movie in their hands than some american who will just change the whole thing.
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:54
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, what's wrong with it is that:

1) the actors will not be known to us in the UK (unlikely anyway)

2) it probably will never be released over here

3) Kurt Russell won't be Solid Snake!!!!

It isn't likely to be as entertaining as it would be if it were made in America. It would be in our own language, with actors we know (probably), with a bigger budget and KURT RUSSELL!!!
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:29
Regular
Err... what's wrong with that?
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:19
Just for information, Resident Evil: The Movie came out on American cinemas today.

Oh and there is a Metal Gear Solid movie being made.. BUT DON'T GET ALL HAPPY AND CELEBRATE because it's being FILMED IN JAPAN with JAPANESE ACTORS and all in the JAPANESE LANGUAGE. Hmm, sounds great doesn't it?!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.