GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendos crap third party line up:who agrees"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 20:02
Regular
nintendo gamecube gets hardly any of the good third party games.Burnout 2, GTA vice city,Metal gear solid etc.WHY!!!! why cant they make a version for the mighty cube.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:02
nintendo gamecube gets hardly any of the good third party games.Burnout 2, GTA vice city,Metal gear solid etc.WHY!!!! why cant they make a version for the mighty cube.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:34
Regular
"She's a dog!"
jof wrote:

Burnout 2,

I think we are getting burnout 2 but early next year. Its better that they improve it rather than release a inferiour (sp?) ps2 port.

GTA vice city,

At the moment Gta is an exclusive to ps2 but wait, their contract runs out soon. Any money that Bill swipes the series up as an exclusive for xbox.

Metal gear solid

This one will remain a ps2 exclusive but dont worry the second one wasnt that good as everyone thought/hoped it would. Anyway I suppose we will have to live we've amazing exclusives ourselves, eternal darkness, resi, metroid..........etc

WHY!!!! why cant
> they make a version for the mighty cube.

Yes mighty. *muwhahaha, runs to basement and draws up evil plans*
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:39
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Oh, I forgot I dont agree with you.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:46
Regular
jof wrote:
> nintendo gamecube gets hardly any of the good third party
> games.Burnout 2, GTA vice city,Metal gear solid etc.WHY!!!! why cant
> they make a version for the mighty cube.

Burnout 2: Point Of Impact

Work began on a GameCube version before rumours arose that it would be a PS2 exclusive, and was scrapped for all other formats. The reality is that Sony own the rights to the game for six months. Whether it will be ported to the GameCube remains to be seen, though it is likely.

GTA: Vice City

Sony have the rights to this, and will do for the next four years. In fact, I doubt we'll ever see Grand Theft Auto on a Nintendo or Microsoft console as it's Sony's main exclusive and selling point. Chances are that they'll snap up the rights after this contract is over, too.

Metal Gear Solid

Konami seem reluctant to release games for the older generation on GameCube, looking at their current release line up. However, what with the success of Resident Evil, and Hitman 2 planned, I would be surprised if it made a GameCube appearance alongside the Playstation 2 and X-Box.

Look - three titles. All of which I've been rather disappointed by. Of course, I'd love to have them on GameCube but personally, when I can be enjoying classics such as Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil, StarFox Adventures, etc that beat the hell out of their rivals - I just don't mind.
Thu 14/11/02 at 21:01
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
those were all ps2 exclusives those that you mentioned, stupid head
Thu 14/11/02 at 21:44
Regular
Bad third party support?

Have you seen what Capcom have just announced for us?
Fri 15/11/02 at 11:34
"Wa-wa-west"
By the way, MGS2 isn't a PS2 exclusive anymore, I saw an Xbox ad with Snake in it, so I presume they've brought out, or are bringing out a version for the *coughs*worst*coughs* console on the market that only really has two games I like anyway.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
depends on what you mean by third party.
1st party is the companys own in house development teams e.g Nintendo
2nd party is where the 1st party own a share in another games developer thus making the developer a second party developer like rare was to nintendo and now is to microsoft.

3rd party are independant games developers. like capcom.....
In terms of 3rd party support its all about business decisions-
e.g company A offers to buy your company, you refuse, company A offers fat cheque to make one of your gaming franchises exclusive to them whilst you are free to make games for other platforms.

Back to the first part, the 3rd party line up isn't poop, the non exclusive stuff is essentially what everyone gets and the exclusive titles vary from system to system.
Anyway at least there is a decent third party line up for the gamecube, where as one of the concerns of the N64 was that there wasn't enough support from 3rd party developers such as Capcom, which was usually met with the "quantity over quality" argument.
Now there is more quality on the release schedules for all systems.

I can't wait to play mario sunshine on my brothers GC, as he wants to play GTA 3 on my laptop.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
"aliens exist"
firslty burnout 1 was on the cube and its not a very good game anyway, the second one doesnt look much better, GTA is only appearing on the ps2 console, its an exclusive, jsut like, the new resident evil series and metroid prime, amrio extra is on the cube and metal gear was exclusive as well, unitl now and maybe substance will appear on the cube in future,

heres another argument, sony dont have any good first party games!
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:17
"High polygon count"
Untitled wrote:
> heres another argument, sony dont have any good first party games!

They do, actually. Though it is a matter of personal opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.