GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS have a dig when no-ones looking"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 23:58
Regular
LOL

Just read the xbox.com news letter, and I noticed a funny little comment at the bottom.

It reads

"Did you know?
A lot of people don't know that Xbox also plays DVDs... and a lot better than that other console. So go tell your friends and they too can have that amazing home cinema experience!"

"that OTHER console" hahaha, dirty tactics MS. You should hang your heads on shame at such a blatent low blow.
Sun 24/11/02 at 21:07
it is very hard to understand sarcasm as its context dependant. Hhehehe sorry folks I do english language at college.
Sun 24/11/02 at 00:03
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Strafex wrote:
> I know. It's bad enough paying £200 and only getting 3 great
> games and a reasonable racer without having to pay ANOTHER £20
> to play DVD's, especially when you could get a DVD player to do the
> job for just £100+...

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, you know.

Although extreamly effective, only Edmund Blackadder know's how to use it to it's full potential.
Sat 23/11/02 at 23:32
"+ suspicious minds"
*blows ultra-Rasberry*

THHRRRPPP!
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:13
Strafex wrote:
> I know. It's bad enough paying £200 and only getting 3 great
> games and a reasonable racer without having to pay ANOTHER £20
> to play DVD's, especially when you could get a DVD player to do the
> job for just £100+...

was that sarasm as you can twist what you just said towards game cube to get 3 great games and a gamecube PLUS a memory card would set you over the £220 mark!
Thu 21/11/02 at 15:39
Regular
I know. It's bad enough paying £200 and only getting 3 great games and a reasonable racer without having to pay ANOTHER £20 to play DVD's, especially when you could get a DVD player to do the job for just £100+...
Thu 21/11/02 at 10:39
Regular
"aliens exist"
yes, but what microsoft dont state, is that you need to shell out more money and buy a seperate control to operate the dvd feature,

anohter x box rip off
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:17
ah ok * runs away before the big man catches him and forces him to unsubscribe*
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:40
"High polygon count"
Silent85 wrote:
> well we know you wouldn't be dont we :P

Actually, I recently signed up to the Xbox.com newsletter, so 8-P to you!
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:59
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Also...
>
> "MS have a dig when no-one's looking"
>
> Gives me a vision of some MS reps saying "Ah, slate the PS2 in
> the newsletter... nobody reads it anyway..."
>
> :-)

well we know you wouldn't be dont we :P
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:09
Regular
It's a great quality playback though, haven't tried DVDs on my PS2 but Xbox probably is better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.