GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo stars- the 'limited stock'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/11/02 at 08:29
Regular
Just logged into my account and had a quick check to see if the Wavebird and GBA had been addded. Yes, they have :D I was looking forward to collecting a few more stars to get one (maybe). This is where I felt a little worried that I would never get one through my stars. There are only 50 Wavebirds to give away and now there are only 49. There are only 25 GBA's to give away and there are still 25 left. I don't think many people on here will be getting their Wavebird as hoped :(
Oh well maybe sometime next year they will do somthing similar.
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I don't think that I will be able to get enough stars in time to get the Wavebird.
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Belldandy wrote:
> Nintendo are getting better at screwing their customers than Microsoft
> ever was....
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

It's a clever marketing scheme by Nintendo. But the way I see it the only people who will get screwed are those who decide to go out and buy a bunch of games just because they have a VIP card in them to get more stars. People who just bought the games they wanted regardless of stars or not will lose nothing, and may infact get anough stars for a free gift.

And I reckon stocks of free gifts will either be refilled, or as one free gift runs out others will be added. This reward scheme seems like something for the long term to me, rather than something to get everyone talking about it for a month or two then it disappearing once the initial free gifts are gone...
Sat 16/11/02 at 19:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I dont think anybody is being screwed, we dont have to buy the games, no-one makes us, but we do so cos we want to own the games, no-one is gonna deliberately go and buy 10 Ninendo games just so they get 2500 stars and im sure Nintendo are fully aware of that.

I dont care too much for the 'free' gifts that theyre offering cos i realistically know that i wont get 4500 for a wavebird before stocks run out so it dont bother me, besides if i wanted a wavebird that bad theres noting stopping me buying one, its not like theyre only available via the stars catalogue.

Im just enjoying my games that i bought irrespective to any promotions and will continue to do so :)
Sat 16/11/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Nintendo are getting better at screwing their customers than Microsoft ever was....

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I knew something like this would happen. First they make you buy the games and get all the stars and then you can't get the prize. Damn!
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:27
Regular
Boz wrote:
> I still cant log on :'(.

Make sure you log in from the 'Home' page. The page it starts on isn't actually the home page (strangely) so make sure you click Home on the links bar.
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:17
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Oh, and apparently, soon you'll get Stars for clicking the links in e-mails, for posting on the forums etc etc. It's the new 'Phase 2' mentioned in the letter.

Nintendo.co.uk is really beginning to be a superb website.
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Whitestripes wrote:
> Humm...
>
> Not to worry, theres still something else they haven't told us about,
> and I'm sure they will add more stock for them every 6 months or
> something.

Just about to say that...wonder what the last suprise could be?
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:11
Regular
I still cant log on :'(.
Sat 16/11/02 at 11:46
Regular
Humm...

Not to worry, theres still something else they haven't told us about, and I'm sure they will add more stock for them every 6 months or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.