GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube rules. Period."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 20:57
Regular
As I said, Nintendo are better than Sony, (so are Sega) and the Gamecube is better than the Ps2 (so is the dreamcast)

I leave this topic open for debate.
Sun 15/10/00 at 00:19
Babylonian wrote:
> Actually, yes, I *am* jealous.
>
> The reason?
>
> You already own a PS2 - even if it is a Jap import.

Not to worry Babylonian, November 24th will soon be here.

My only worry is that some people will be so hyped up by the time that they get their PS2, that they will be disappointed.

Remember, the PS2 is there to be used and enjoyed, not revered and idolised.
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:53
hi
i have jap sega gt for dreamcast and it is awful, it isnt a patch on gran turismo.
Sat 14/10/00 at 15:06
Actually, yes, I *am* jealous.

The reason?

You already own a PS2 - even if it is a Jap import.
Sat 14/10/00 at 15:05
Do you actually read and digest, Tigger, or just skim over posts?

I said that MSR *may* be arcadey, but admitted that I didn't know for sure. It is also pretty obvious from my post that I am aware that Ridge Racer are blatant arcade racers.

In addition, I have already played and completed Half-Life on the PC, so that's not a game to tempt me; Quake 3 is also coming to PS2, and - though I won't buy it because I already have it - Half-Life will probably also make the leap to PS2 at some point.

The Timesplitters video is far from awful, and personally, no, I'm not jealous at all. I'm starting to wonder if you are, though, judging by your confrontational posts and responses, even to posts which give the DC its due credit!
Sat 14/10/00 at 13:52
mmmm....
MSR arcadey??? I`ve played the demo, trust me its better than Ridge and gt3 put together... It is the most realistic driving sim ever. And Ridge?? Ridge is the most arcadey experience you will ever get!!
And of course, we will also have Sega GT soon, and take it from me (I have the Jap import) it is one hell of a game. I just got Virtua Tennis aswell - an AMAZING title, unbeaten in every way. Of course, we will have the best RPG ever created at Christmas, Shenmue, along with the best FPS titles ever created, Half Life and Quake 3 and judging by that awful Timesplitters video - u guys have to be jealous...
Fri 13/10/00 at 21:27
While technically that's true, it doesn't necessarily make it any less of a machine. There are some lovely looking games on Dreamcast, especially some of the ones that are yet to be released.

As I've stated several times before, the only reason that I haven't bought one is that most of the titles I *really* want to play are (or will be) on PS2.

MSR looks great, but I have a feeling it could be a little too 'arcadey' - I don't know for sure though. If it is, well, I (will) have Ridge. The Ferrari game looks gorgeous, but apparenlty only has the one car to drive. And for me, the killer driving game will still be GT2000/GT3, for the cars and the realism. Sure, the cars may just bounce off the walls, but that's only cos some of the bloody manufacturers don't want their cars shown damaged. Gits.
Fri 13/10/00 at 18:29
I believe that the playstion 2 will come out of the battle of the consoles the winner for a few reasons:

1) the playstion name is known by all as a great console.
2) the game cube lookes like its a 'My first console' just cheak out that controller! im sorry if i niked your idea anyone but cant remember when i heard it!!!
3) the xbox the only realistic competitor will be out in 2002 i think and people will get bored waiting and buy a playstion 2 instead.
4) the dreamcast has less power than the playstion 2 (exept for vid memory
Thu 12/10/00 at 19:56
To be honest, if it came to a real crunch, I think the loser would be GameCube, simply because the Nintendo machine uses an 'odd' format, and the other two companies - rightly or wrongly - have the superior financial clout.

Of course, I hope that neither scenario really happens, because it's only through competition that we, the gamers, will gain serious benefits.
Thu 12/10/00 at 18:35
I just cant see the PS2 surviving against X-Box and NGC.
Sony, of late, has been extremely cocky and developers have been swarming to other systems.
This topic has been discussed I know. But there is people new to this site who want to go for something fresh and wouldnt consider wading through dated discussions.
Thu 12/10/00 at 18:22
Regular
"I like cheese"
Message to wozzer: I agree with exactly what matt said, you seem to need your head testing and I have learned how to take my finger of the CAPS LOCK BUTTON as you can see BUT I LIKE USING IT AS A WAY TO GET MY MESSAGE THROUGH!!!
So, calm down a little and think of some good things to discuss, and you'll have a lot more fun, as well as a few more people respecting you.
Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.