GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Midnight approaches, MR.COATES must calm down...."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/03/02 at 11:01
Regular
Normally you'll find me hanging around the PS2 forums getting excited about what Sony have on offer.
Recently though I've just not been able to ignore that the Xbox is almost here and that it's indeed a very impressive machine.

The thing is though, I'm not about to abandon ship and ditch my beloved PS2 - I still worship what the PS2 has brought us in recent months.
At the same time though it's impossible to deny that the Xbox is a beast.

I've not been getting excited about the hardware specs at all - so what if the processor is three times faster than the PS2's? Who cares if Nvidia have produced the best graphics chip on any console EVER?

OK, so these things do matter of course but one thing has come across more than anything - the games.

At first the launch line up looked pretty pathetic, Oddworld, Malice, NHL?!!! But you'll also find Halo, DOA3 and Project Gotham.
Halo is of course an exclusive, DOA3 is a sequel but for those who have called Proj Gotham a Dreamcast port need slapping. An additional city, new cars (which are now damageable), an officially licensed soundtrack and the ability to use your own music in-game!
Dreamcast port? I think not.

So I shall be there, handing over a serious sum of money for a potentially risky purchase but Microsoft have the ability to pull this off.
They have the hardware, they're starting to get some superb games and they certainly have some new ideas to give Sony and Nintendo something to think about.

Don't hate M/Soft for the PC dominating money machine that they are - praise them for joining the games market (especially after losing Sega from Hardware production).

See you at midnight (or perhaps not)....
Wed 13/03/02 at 11:29
Regular
"BOSE"
and what shops do u know that'll open at midnite? :S
Wed 13/03/02 at 11:01
Normally you'll find me hanging around the PS2 forums getting excited about what Sony have on offer.
Recently though I've just not been able to ignore that the Xbox is almost here and that it's indeed a very impressive machine.

The thing is though, I'm not about to abandon ship and ditch my beloved PS2 - I still worship what the PS2 has brought us in recent months.
At the same time though it's impossible to deny that the Xbox is a beast.

I've not been getting excited about the hardware specs at all - so what if the processor is three times faster than the PS2's? Who cares if Nvidia have produced the best graphics chip on any console EVER?

OK, so these things do matter of course but one thing has come across more than anything - the games.

At first the launch line up looked pretty pathetic, Oddworld, Malice, NHL?!!! But you'll also find Halo, DOA3 and Project Gotham.
Halo is of course an exclusive, DOA3 is a sequel but for those who have called Proj Gotham a Dreamcast port need slapping. An additional city, new cars (which are now damageable), an officially licensed soundtrack and the ability to use your own music in-game!
Dreamcast port? I think not.

So I shall be there, handing over a serious sum of money for a potentially risky purchase but Microsoft have the ability to pull this off.
They have the hardware, they're starting to get some superb games and they certainly have some new ideas to give Sony and Nintendo something to think about.

Don't hate M/Soft for the PC dominating money machine that they are - praise them for joining the games market (especially after losing Sega from Hardware production).

See you at midnight (or perhaps not)....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.