GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA can they produce a good game?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/03/02 at 20:56
Regular
I hope EA wont muck up the Lord of the rings game as i'm really looking forward to playing it.
Wed 13/03/02 at 23:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would have done, but Mr Grapo has been going over the forum complaining about spam topics with little discussion in them and then he makes this.

Talk about contradicting ones self.
Wed 13/03/02 at 23:15
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Just to give this topic a good reply....

EA can and do produce very good, involving games and I personally think that you cannot put a company down just because of one series of games. FIFA WAS a great game few years ago and many people still like FIFA. But that is not the point.

If you look at some of the games EA make such as the Quake series, Medal of Honor games, SSX, NHL and Madden updates, NBA Street, James Bond....the list goes on. EA are one of the best games developers out there. In my opinion they are one of the top 3 developers in the world-KONAMI, CODEMASTERS and EA.

Considering they have got a proper license for Lord of The Rings you can assume that the graphics and the accuracy are likely to be pretty good. Just look at some of the first concept art EA have released. It shows Aragon and there is not much difference between the textures of the game model and the real life actor.

I think that if they manage to make LOTR more involving and entertaining gameplay-wise the game may work. But if its just another 3rd person adventure game with nothing to distinguish it from the other contenders for the PS2 Adventure game crown, EA may not be as lucky. But considering EA have the properlicense, they gonna sell the games by a bucket-load. You want proof? Check Harry Potter out...
Wed 13/03/02 at 22:37
Regular
"es argh"
Longy:0) wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> Fifa.

:D

Yep FIFA is good aswell

THIS IS WHAT WE ARGUED ABOUT
Tue 12/03/02 at 22:11
Regular
"WWJD"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Fifa.

Yep FIFA is good aswell
Tue 12/03/02 at 21:19
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Fifa.

Tue 12/03/02 at 21:06
Regular
If u mean they don't make good games,
ssx tricky, the sims, black and white, they r all good.
Tue 12/03/02 at 21:01
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Your title was a bit misleading. Can EA Produce a good game? Are you saying they havnt produced a good game ever or are you just wondering if they can do the job with LOTR?
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:56
I hope EA wont muck up the Lord of the rings game as i'm really looking forward to playing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.