GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 or Xbox - What Is The Best???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 13:41
Regular
Rite, so you have two brilliant consoles. One made by Microsoft, and the other made by Sony, but which one really is the best???

There are some factors that people dont like about the X-box but they do like them about the playstation 2. For example, there is the size of teh Xbox. It is massive compared with the Playstation 2 and also teh playstation can be stood vertical aswell as horizontal. This makes it easier to store it and its obviously going to fit into more places.

The graphics on the X-box are incredible. The playstation 2's graphics are also looking quite promising. There are many more games out on the Playstation 2...ok it has been out for about 6 months before the X-box but the Playstation 2 has Grand Theft Auto III, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo Concept. So what top games does the X-box have... It has Halo, Colin Mcrae 3 and Project Gotham Racing.

Also, the controlers of the X-box are indeed over sized and uncomfortable. Whereas the design of the Playstation 2 controllers is the same as the Dual Shock's for Playstation 1 and Ps 1.

The X-box is gradually coming down in price which might incourage more people to buy this console. I personally think that microsoft should stick to creating P.C. software/hardware.

In all, I think that the Playstation 2 is still better at this moment in time due to the vast amount of games avaliable at the moment and then all of the other small aspects like controller design and console size.

I rate the X-Box 7/10 and the Playstation 2 8/10. But Every one is to their own thoughts!
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:41
Rite, so you have two brilliant consoles. One made by Microsoft, and the other made by Sony, but which one really is the best???

There are some factors that people dont like about the X-box but they do like them about the playstation 2. For example, there is the size of teh Xbox. It is massive compared with the Playstation 2 and also teh playstation can be stood vertical aswell as horizontal. This makes it easier to store it and its obviously going to fit into more places.

The graphics on the X-box are incredible. The playstation 2's graphics are also looking quite promising. There are many more games out on the Playstation 2...ok it has been out for about 6 months before the X-box but the Playstation 2 has Grand Theft Auto III, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo Concept. So what top games does the X-box have... It has Halo, Colin Mcrae 3 and Project Gotham Racing.

Also, the controlers of the X-box are indeed over sized and uncomfortable. Whereas the design of the Playstation 2 controllers is the same as the Dual Shock's for Playstation 1 and Ps 1.

The X-box is gradually coming down in price which might incourage more people to buy this console. I personally think that microsoft should stick to creating P.C. software/hardware.

In all, I think that the Playstation 2 is still better at this moment in time due to the vast amount of games avaliable at the moment and then all of the other small aspects like controller design and console size.

I rate the X-Box 7/10 and the Playstation 2 8/10. But Every one is to their own thoughts!
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Gamecube.
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:43
Regular
GameCube

(or to answer your question - Xbox, but still...GameCube)
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Xbox controllers are far far better than the PS2! PS2 isn't designed for the hand as well as the Xbox, There may be one button that is hard to get but apart from that it's great!

Oh and the PS2 was out 6 months before the Xbox?

HUH!?!?!
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:20
Regular
The first word of this topic made me stop reading. Rite? Errr...
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:25
Regular
"Festivus!"
Gamecube.
Sun 17/11/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Balls"
i think rare is good... oww gamecube is the best,
Sun 17/11/02 at 17:00
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'll stick with the Playstation 2 for the time being.
Sun 17/11/02 at 17:19
Help! Help! the Gamecube militia have invaded! run for your lives!!!!
lol
Sun 17/11/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Sinnott wrote:
> Help! Help! the Gamecube militia have invaded! run for your
> lives!!!!
> lol

ahhh look at the little JAT, he's littler then me and he says lol (loser)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.