GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 or Xbox - What Is The Best???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 13:41
Regular
Rite, so you have two brilliant consoles. One made by Microsoft, and the other made by Sony, but which one really is the best???

There are some factors that people dont like about the X-box but they do like them about the playstation 2. For example, there is the size of teh Xbox. It is massive compared with the Playstation 2 and also teh playstation can be stood vertical aswell as horizontal. This makes it easier to store it and its obviously going to fit into more places.

The graphics on the X-box are incredible. The playstation 2's graphics are also looking quite promising. There are many more games out on the Playstation 2...ok it has been out for about 6 months before the X-box but the Playstation 2 has Grand Theft Auto III, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo Concept. So what top games does the X-box have... It has Halo, Colin Mcrae 3 and Project Gotham Racing.

Also, the controlers of the X-box are indeed over sized and uncomfortable. Whereas the design of the Playstation 2 controllers is the same as the Dual Shock's for Playstation 1 and Ps 1.

The X-box is gradually coming down in price which might incourage more people to buy this console. I personally think that microsoft should stick to creating P.C. software/hardware.

In all, I think that the Playstation 2 is still better at this moment in time due to the vast amount of games avaliable at the moment and then all of the other small aspects like controller design and console size.

I rate the X-Box 7/10 and the Playstation 2 8/10. But Every one is to their own thoughts!
Mon 18/11/02 at 12:13
Regular
maddmun wrote:

>Most PS2 games are rubbish though
> What about the Gamecube, it is FAR superior to both consoles with the best size, games, price and great graphics.

Yeh right, has the best games come on then what are they and where are they in the all formats chart.

Mario - Ratchet and Clank better
NFS2 - PS2 version better
Resi - PS1 with a bit of polish (Two Towers graphics are easily a match if not better).

Lord of the Rings
Ratchet and Clank
The Getaway
Gta VC
GT3
Toca
Silent Assasin
WRC 2 extreme the best in game rally graphics on the face of the planet.

Real rubbish games.
Mon 18/11/02 at 11:58
Regular
No GameCube. Is that due to it's legacy design, only offering basic game operation, while XBox and PS2 are modern multi-media based consoles?
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
save me from this rabble gerrid
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Rašta ßla§ta²°°² wrote:
> Oh the ironing.... that's usually gerrid's line, but since he's not
> here......

I see that my influence has spread. This is good. Carry on.
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:37
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Sinnott wrote:

> i never used lol until a prat like you took offence to a gag post like
> that. next time you take the mick make it funny. by the by thanks to
> those who had a go at that jerk before i noticed.

By the way, I meant it as a light hearted humourous comment, I did not take offence and i hope that you didn't either. I thought it would be funny because I am a newbie to. Oh well. I suppose my humour is far too obscure.
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
RM18 wrote:

> This from the person who has just writen a post extolling the virtues
> of newcomers to the site...

Doesn't mean I have to like them.
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:30
Regular
another newbie just saying about 2 consoles.......sigh........
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:28
Regular
YZ Guy wrote:
> The graphics on the X-box are incredible. The playstation 2's
> graphics are also looking quite promising. There are many more games
> out on the Playstation 2...ok it has been out for about 6 months
> before the X-box but the Playstation 2 has Grand Theft Auto III, Gran
> Turismo 3, Gran Turismo Concept. So what top games does the X-box
> have... It has Halo, Colin Mcrae 3 and Project Gotham Racing.

#1, it's been out about year and six months more than the X-Box.
Funnily enough, you have mentioned each game a fanboy of either console would metion, you should go into more detail.

> Also, the controlers of the X-box are indeed over sized and
> uncomfortable. Whereas the design of the Playstation 2 controllers is
> the same as the Dual Shock's for Playstation 1 and Ps 1.

The X-box's controller, although raather big, is at least sturdy, and doesn't fall apart as easily as the PS2 controller.

> The X-box is gradually coming down in price which might incourage
> more people to buy this console. I personally think that microsoft
> should stick to creating P.C. software/hardware.

Although their console isn't THAT bad, hostibng some great games,
>
> In all, I think that the Playstation 2 is still better at this
> moment in time due to the vast amount of games avaliable at the moment
> and then all of the other small aspects like controller design and
> console size.

Most PS2 games are rubbish though, the controller isn't that bad, and the size is because of the built-in hard drive which saves more money than having to buy several £30 memory cards
>
> I rate the X-Box 7/10 and the Playstation 2 8/10. But Every one is
> to their own thoughts!

What about the Gamecube, it is FAR superior to both consoles with the best size, games, price and great graphics
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:07
Regular
"This planet sucks"
PS2 has good games, graphics plus it can play DVDs. The X box does all that and has all the same games.

If you have a PS2 there is no point in getting a X box!
Sun 17/11/02 at 18:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Gerrid is an odd one. Him and AJ........well..........just don't mention the Chelumbas.........

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.