GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Expansion- have Nintendo aways had it on their mind?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/03/02 at 19:01
Regular
I was playing on my NES last night, and I decided to take a look underneath it. I was surpried to see what looked like a plastic box covering a port. I then started to wonder. Have Nintendo always wanted to expand their consoles?

We first really thought about expansions when the 64DD came out for the N64. It was a good idea, but never got released in the U.K. We already know that the GC has an expansion port on its underside, and I hope it gets used. That brings me to a question.

What will it be used for?
It could contain a DVD port (highly unlikely because of the Q cube) that will allow us U.K gamers to play DVD's on our GC. This is normally the point where people say, "The gamecube is for playing games. etc" I KNOW! The other thing it could have is an MP3 player, that would be used when we download music from the internet using the GC's modem. It would be interesting to put our own choice of music into games. That way, the cruddy music (SA2 anyone?) would be replaced by music that is enjoyable, yet suits the game.

Any ideas on the expansion bay accessories?
Thanks

Microchips
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I was playing on my NES last night, and I decided to take a look underneath it. I was surpried to see what looked like a plastic box covering a port. I then started to wonder. Have Nintendo always wanted to expand their consoles?

We first really thought about expansions when the 64DD came out for the N64. It was a good idea, but never got released in the U.K. We already know that the GC has an expansion port on its underside, and I hope it gets used. That brings me to a question.

What will it be used for?
It could contain a DVD port (highly unlikely because of the Q cube) that will allow us U.K gamers to play DVD's on our GC. This is normally the point where people say, "The gamecube is for playing games. etc" I KNOW! The other thing it could have is an MP3 player, that would be used when we download music from the internet using the GC's modem. It would be interesting to put our own choice of music into games. That way, the cruddy music (SA2 anyone?) would be replaced by music that is enjoyable, yet suits the game.

Any ideas on the expansion bay accessories?
Thanks

Microchips

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.