GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DKR64 - Absolutely fanatstic!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Diddy Kong Racing'.
Sun 17/11/02 at 17:07
Regular
I know that, a couple of weeks ag when I first got my N64 and people suggested that I buy Diddy Kong Racer I dismissed it but know I apoligise. After seeing DKR on swapitshop.com for the sweet amount of 1,500 swapits, I couldn't resist and bought it, along with Rayman 2

Diddy Kong Racer is one of, if not the joint (with Mario Kart) best racer that I have ever played on. But i am confused - I have heard that their are 4 areas and I've only got 3 - somebody explain!

Rayman is preety good, but it takes too long to get into and I haven't got a rumble pack/save thingymajig, so I've played on it twice and got bored...

Any other suggestions for games to buy for my 64?
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I don't know about the rest of u ppl, but i bought Rayman 2, And it turned out to be a really great game also a quite a massive one too.

Have fun on it, and hope u do get into to it cos its a brill under-rated title for the N64.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Festivus!"
Gamestation rules. I bet if I checked there every Saturday for the next 3 months, i'd be able to get all the N64 game for under £1000... What?
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tribute wrote:
> Cooky, racers aren't my thing much, I hated Gran Turismo, Detest Ridge
> Racers and Dispise Colin McRae, DKR and Mario Kart for me mate...

Displise Colin McRae!!! :@ raa! lol

There is one other kart racing on N64. Mickey's Speedway. I'm still trying to get hold of it myself though! So don't expect to be able to pick that one up in a hurry!

:)
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Festivus!"
Cooky, racers aren't my thing much, I hated Gran Turismo, Detest Ridge Racers and Dispise Colin McRae, DKR and Mario Kart for me mate...
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Try a Zelda game or a great shoot em up like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tribute wrote:
> Forsaken
> Blast Corps
> Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
>
> No idea abou these, so I don't really know...

Forsaken is like Descent if you ever played that. It's REALLY good! Well I REALLY like it!

Blast Corps is a really original game made by Rare. Nuclear stuff carrying truck needs to get across map, and you have to demolish all the buildings and stuff in it's way. Pretty good game.

Mystical Ninja is pretty hard to get hold of. I managed to find it in some Gamestation for £3 I think. It's a crazy Jap style RPG. I think it's great!

> Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
>
> Star Wars games have never realy done it for me unfortunately.

It was a good racer I thought.

> Turok Dinosaur Hunter 1 + 2 + 3
>
> Neither has Turok
>
> Wave Race 64
>
> Rented it with my 64 in '97 and it was crap!

Arrr, you've got to get into it. Once you learn how to control the Jet-Ski's properly, you'll see it's one of the GREATEST racing games ever!

:)
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Conker the King"
You simply MUST get a memory card for Rayman 2. It is such a wonderful game when you get going. The graphics are absolutely amazing for the N64! I love playing it, even now. Diddy Kong Racing is still one of my favourites too! A masterpiece of gaming history if you ask me. There's nothing like it on any other system and never will be. The music is great too and I loved it so much I bought a copy of the soundtrack!!
I LOVE my N64!!!
Tue 19/11/02 at 10:49
Regular
"Australian Person."
Well why not try...
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye
Both Banjo games
1080 Snowboarding
International Superstar Soccer 64
Jet Force Gemini
Donkey Kong 64
Rouge Squadron
Mario Tennis
Wave Race
Turok 2
Both Zelda games
Perfect Dark
Both Tony Hawk games
F-Zero X
Paper Mario
Mission Impossible
Shodows of the Empire
Bomberman 64

And the rest of it.
Mon 18/11/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing to arrive second-hand in the post. Hopefully it'll come tommorow in the post, along with Jet Force Gemini.

I haven't played my N64 in ages, and I really need to get back to it so I can finnish-off all 15+ games - including the 2 excellent Zelda titles.
Hopefully these 2 games will help me get-away-from my Cube.
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Festivus!"
Cooky wrote:
> Goldeneye
> Zelda OOT

Getting from swapitshop.com - yay!
> Mario 64

GOT!

> Perfect Dark

> 1080
> Banjo Kazooie

> Conker's Bad Fur Day
> F-Zero X
> Lylat Wars
> Pilotwings 64

These are ones that I want... badly

> Forsaken
> Blast Corps
> Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

No idea abou these, so I don't really know...

> Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

Star Wars games have never realy done it for me unfortunately.

> Turok Dinosaur Hunter 1 + 2 + 3

Neither has Turok

> Wave Race 64

Rented it with my 64 in '97 and it was crap!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.