GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are we ready for the XBox?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/03/02 at 17:40
Regular
Well tomorrow sees the launch of the XBox, are we all still feeling happy with our playstations? I bought my playstation only a few weeks ago because the xbox will cost a hell of a lot more, once u have bout the console a few games and cables were looking at £400 for the xbox, where as the playstation £300. I will admit that the Xbox looks very superior technically but I wasnt prepared to pay for it. I dont like the ethics of microsoft and think they are getting to big for their boots. Also the attraction for me of the Playstation was the range of games already available for PS2 & PS1.

Will the PS2 survive? Any last regrets people?
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:59
Regular
Maybe if the x-box is only a success in the west maybe we will see certain consals only coming out in certain areas of the world.
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:54
Regular
144 wrote:
> I think that the X-box isnt doing very well you MIGHT be able to pick up one
> soon after or at launch without pre ordering it.

Yeah, I was right, you can get an X box right now as most retailers have some stock left. It doesnt look good for the Xbox with that price tag Im gonna get it when the price drops.
Tue 12/03/02 at 21:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Will the PS2 survive? I think thats a full gone conclusion leaving only one answer: Yes.

I have no doubt that the PS2 will survive the new console war. Its got a huge advantage on the GC and X-box already having been out a year it has a very big user base as it is and its always getting bigger and will continue to do so. With the release of MGS 2 last week that will have done no harm to the sale of the console as many were actually waiting for that game to buy the PS2. With already a huge list of games out for it, some poor, some good and some superb the other consoles are going to be playing pritty much a catch up game for thee beggining of there life. But that does not mean that i think that they wont do well, far from it, both consoles have there own following both of which are big, i have no doubt that they too do well. The world is big enough for 3 consoles isnt it.

As for my feelings of the PS2, there the same as ever, im totally glad i went for the Sony Machine. All the games that i have bought up to press are all good games that i have really enjoyed playing....bar Fifa. As ever the console has continued to give me my type of games throughout its first year and i still play most of the 23 games in my collection. Even now there are many games that i want that have been released, and games that are yet tobe released. Game wise, the PS2 has a very good future and is yet to offer us its best games i believe. I dont need to list you the names, we all know the hyped games that are coming out, and to think that there will be good games that just sneak out on us is an even better prospect.

No regrets here.
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:52
I am goin for the gamecube to be better than the x-box thats why I am preordering one when I get my hundred quid I think the gamecube and ps2 will make x box not win the war
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:30
THE Z-BOX IS OUT TOMORROW!!! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:23
Regular
I think that the X-box isnt doing very well you MIGHT be able to pick up one soon after or at launch without pre ordering it.
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
I think the X-Box success depends largely on how it does in Japan!!! And I know it sold a lot over there when it was released, but I don't think they sold as many as they would have wanted!!

Supposedly they only sold about two thirds of the total batch in Japan!! And with 80% of games developers based in Japan, X-box has gotta rely on them!!

One thing it has got going for it is how easy it is to program games on, with the PS2 being a right pain in tha DOODAA!!!
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:17
Regular
"round the outside"
lol....no cheap/cheep as in crap
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:14
AZURE wrote:
> i would never thro away my PS2 for a mangy x-box,in my eyes the x-box is the
> modern equivilent of a sega saturn,quite gd but hasnt got wat it takes,+it looks
> cheep!!

Cheep like a bird? or chEAp as in price?
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:12
Regular
"round the outside"
i would never thro away my PS2 for a mangy x-box,in my eyes the x-box is the modern equivilent of a sega saturn,quite gd but hasnt got wat it takes,+it looks cheep!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.