GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most underrated Nintendo game ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/11/02 at 12:12
Regular
Two of my favourite N64 games were Lylat Wars, which was a recognised single player classic but also had possibly the best multi-player game on the console and F-Zero X, which is one of my three favourite ever racing games. Neither of these games really received the recognition they deserved in my opinion, especially when compared with overrated trite like WaveRace and (shock!) Goldeneye.

Know any classics you feel didn't due praise and attention?
Tue 19/11/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Australian Person."
Definatly Jet Force Gemini!
Also Blast Corps, Bomberman 64, Shadows of the Empire(Why didn't people like this?)and plenty of others.
Tue 19/11/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd also have to say that Blast Corps didn't get the praise it deserved for being a superb and fun-to-play original title with a lot to do in so-many different ways.

I had never even heard about it untill earlier this year, and that's when I decided to get it, second hand for about £8. I got it, I played it, I enjoyed it. Those massive Robot things were cool, and so were the bikes that could fire Rockets.

I miss that game. I spent ages on it, completing loads, but still only managed to do about half the game!

I'd have liked to have seen something like that from Rare again on the GameCube. But sadly that shall never be.
And why did no-one-else decide to take-up on the oppurtunity to exploit the rarely-touched 'Destruction' side of games??
Mon 18/11/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Conker the King"
Hey! Who, in their right mind, doesn't like Goldeneye or Wave Race??? They were two wonderful games on the N64 and I still play them as much now as I did when I first got my N64! Which, by the way, sits pride of place next to my 'CUBE'.

Anyway, in my opinion, the most underrated N64 game HAS to be Rocket Robot on Wheels. It is just one of the most original, clever, gorgeous looking games on the N64. I've played it to death and it is still a joy to play.
I know that I'll get people screaming at me for choosing this but I bet those who do haven't even played it!!

Another classic that just gets beter and better the more its played is Excitebike 64. What a FANTASTIC game! The desert track in the specials section is just brilliant. The learning curve and handling is very tricky but you do get the hang of it eventually.

I also agree that Blast Corps is good along with loads of other N64 games. But then thats just it isn't it! The N64 had and has some of the very BEST games available but because it wasnt flavour of the month with all those sheep out there who just bought a Playstation because "MY MATES GOT ONE", the console didnt do as well as it deserved.

My final comment on the subject is NEVER get rid of your N64 if you still have one. You WILL live to regret it. I am looking forward to all that the Cube offers in the coming months and years but I just wont believe that you can top some of the BEST N64 games.

Sorted!
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:07
Regular
that's what I said....
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:00
Regular
Rock and Roll Racing was also a top game!!!
Mon 18/11/02 at 18:58
Regular
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> RiCkOsS wrote:
> Actraiser on the SNES. Second one was terrible, but the first one is
> one of my favourite games of all time.
>
> Think I used to own that game, is it a sword fighting slash em up/god
> game?
> Where you could build cities and then fight off all the evil.
>
> I have grim memorys of it though.

Yup, very rare game. I was lucky to have it. If you have grim memory's you may have had Actraiser 2. The first one was excellent.
Mon 18/11/02 at 18:40
Regular
Pilotwings 64, I've never played it, hoew did it compare to the original?
Oh yeah, was Rock'n'Roll racing underrated? it was such a great (like all SNES games) game.
Mon 18/11/02 at 18:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And you could never find the other player. ANd when you did, you flew towards each other for 3 seconds, shooting wildly, before circling round and finding that they had disappeared.
Mon 18/11/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
§n][pe® wrote:
> lylat wars was pants in multiplayer.

Yup.

I remember it having only 2 mutiplayer levels.
Mon 18/11/02 at 18:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Blast Corps was Rare's first N64 game. Pilotwings (on the SNES and N64) was absolutely fantastic, and they should make a GC update (even though we have monkey target)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.