GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What order do u think is best gamecube,ps2 or the xbox and y"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
I think that the order is Xbox,gamecube and then ps2 because the xbox games r excellent such as halo and dead or alive 3 then the gamecube because they have been in the gaming buisness longer and know wot games r gud then ps2 cos all i think the only good games r gta3 and vice city and the wwe games and i think it not been in gaming as long as nintendo and ps2 is mainly 4 the dvd player
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:50
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> OK, I have absolutely no idea what you just said, try and talk in
> proper text please, but I'll give a quick run-over of each console
>
> PS2 built in DVD player, huge library of games, thoough not all are
> good, best if you can afford a lot of games, expensive memory cards
>
> X-Box, Hard Drive, meaning no memory cards, DVD player which costs
> extra for operation(kinda), some great games out and coming, not as
> bad as people say
>
> Gamecube (best), No DVD player (it's meant to be a games console
> right?) memory cards are quite cheap, games made by Nintendo,
> including Mario, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, as well as Resident Evil
> Metroid Prime (Supposedly best game ever) and Starfox
>
> By the way, I own both a PS2 and Gamecube and the gamecube is
> definately superior

I couldn't agree any less. I have both a GC and PS2 and yes, at the minute I play on the PS2 more because of Vice City however I still think GC is the better machine. (In my opinion, no arguments)

pumba says

>xbox games r excellent such as halo and dead or alive 3

Why are Halo and DoA3 as good as you say. To be honest I reckon they were both overated games. Halo "amazing graphics". They don't look any better than other console games, in fact, they look worse. DoA3, yeh, great game but it has no lifespan.
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:10
Regular
maddmun wrote:
Update2.01 wrote:
GameCube is cheap, but doesn't have dvd.
It's suposed to be a GAMES CONSOLE not DVD AND GAMES console.
Having a DVD player built in as very tempting for people who don't have a dvd player. Also handy when the PS2 is to be used in a different room from a standalone DVD.

A few good games, but lots of PS2 ports.
Therefore you can get most of your PS2 games on a GC along with the best GC exclusives.
Well, if you already have a PS2, there's little point in switching then. And Nintendo will need some users to switch to bring there numbers up. Anyway, If I didnt have any Next Gen console, why should I buy a GC instead of PS2? GC has the same games which look just like PS2 originals, and some games come out on PS2 before GC. PS2 has more games, and it's got exclusives like GTA-VC.

But normally have upped graphics etc.
Normally, the port games look identical or very close to the original PS2 version. So close that most people cant see the difference.

The console is big,
Because of the hard Drive
A hard disc is not very big or heavy. And, PS2 has an internal bay for hard disc and BB adpator. Point being, the bay for it is already there, so how come PS2 is that much smaller than XBox? No, it's the dated tech, and the fact that the dated tech has to be ramped up to make it compete with the other consoles which makes it big.

and the handset is not very nice to use.
It's not THAT bad, and they are releasing a new SMALLER controller.
Saw this, but still not as good as PS2 or GC.
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:29
Regular
y dont u understand the txt language
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:16
Regular
Azul˛°°˛ wrote:
> Hmm, that's a long post Maverick, bet that got yer word count up.

Indeed it did - I worked on it for a while. Have you got a GameCube? Because if not, you know where I'm gonna tell you to go.. :D
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
pumba wrote:
> thnx 4 stikin up 4 me m8

Please please PLEASE speak properly. NO txt talk or any of that cr*p.
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:15
Regular
pumba wrote:
> thnx 4 stikin up 4 me m8

No problem :D.
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hmm, that's a long post Maverick, bet that got yer word count up.
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:13
Regular
thnx 4 stikin up 4 me m8
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:13
Regular
Master chief hunter wrote:
> ill make it short
>
> 1 ps2 - why because its got more better games
> 2 xbox - its got the best graphics and its got some good games
> 3- gamecube - i don't like this i dont know why i just dont

[Sighs] Go here, it might change your mind:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ [SPACE] display_messages.php?threadid=59967&forumid=132

I use that link WAY too much...
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
Hey - give pumba a break. He's only just arrived and has just asked a question - fair play to him, I say. Personally, I think that the GameCube is best. It's the cheapest, has the best and biggest selection of quality titles, and you'll never get bored of it. It's also very powerful and has am excellent future. For a more in depth comparison, go here:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ [SPACE] display_messages.php?threadid=59967&forumid=132

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.