GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is it true that they are going to ban gtavc?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/11/02 at 21:49
Regular
is it true? i heard onre of the people on the website say that they are going to ban gtavc.

is it true??????????
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:39
Regular
If Mario Sunshine is awesome the how good is Ratchet and Clank because most reviews seem to suggest there in a new king in town and the plumber should be kicked out of town then again this should have really happened years ago.
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:02
Regular
"DS..."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Top score wrote:
> playing games of this nature and keeping to
> childish nobrainers like Mario Sunshine.
>
> You see for a minute there I actually though you where making a bit of
> sense. You always have to put your childish little digs in don't
> you?
>
> Idiot

indeed, comments like that are pathetic and don't impress anyone especially when there about a truly awesome game, shame on you Top score.

slik ~_~
Tue 19/11/02 at 15:52
Regular
On my old dvd and new dvd player there is a very clever parental control system. A parent can set the "level, and certain details" they dont want their kids to see so that if a movie is played back, the player software will mask out certain words or even entire scenes. As to what is masked out, depends on the "level" menu you have set. I know this true (almost word for word for my new Sony) as I just saw it in the manual the other day just after buying it.
Tue 19/11/02 at 15:51
Regular
Top score wrote:
playing games of this nature and keeping to
> childish nobrainers like Mario Sunshine.

You see for a minute there I actually though you where making a bit of sense. You always have to put your childish little digs in don't you?

Idiot
Tue 19/11/02 at 15:45
Regular
While I agree with certain points nupdate2.01 say's I dont think whether or not someone knows what the contents should, make a difference if it say's 18 it is there for a reason and it states on the boxes the nature of content so there is no excuse there for selling the game.

Perhaps the answer is to strict in the way they are disributed if you as an adult/parent are buying it for a person under the age stated on the box then you should be made to sign say a statement saying you will not let anybody under age play this game and be warned you could be prosecuted if found to be. Though scare tatics this would give a lot of people 2nd thoughts about doing such a thing.
Tue 19/11/02 at 15:23
Regular
I think a rating system will be introduced proper - just like for films. It takes a while for the laws to catch up with tech and/or the latest 'in thing".
Since games are a different media to film, etc, the people in charge don't know how to handle it. There also having a big "to do" about the net as well. Again, it's a new media, and it reaches everywhere.
Tue 19/11/02 at 15:14
Regular
er-no wrote:
> They have done it before with the Chuckie film. It was the media *The
> Sun* who created such parenthood hatred that thousands and thousands
> of copies were destroyed and then the film was banned.

The fact of the matter is that the people that should be held responsible are the ones that sell the games. I don't see any uproar about the amount of under 18's that go to see film's at the cinema that they are clearly not old enough to see and the same goes for video's, it should therefore be the same videogames. Each game comes with a Certified age and it is the parents responsiblity to see that there child is not playing games of this nature and keeping to childish nobrainers like Mario Sunshine.
Tue 19/11/02 at 14:28
Regular
Tiltatwirl>

What makes me laugh is Sony have no quarms in selling agame with graphic violence, drugs, muggings, car jackings etc etc. Yet when a game like BMX XXX comes along with a bit of nudity, they cut it.

I think you will find that only applies to the US version and that the UK has not been cut at all.
Tue 19/11/02 at 14:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
They have done it before with the Chuckie film. It was the media *The Sun* who created such parenthood hatred that thousands and thousands of copies were destroyed and then the film was banned.
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:17
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> that's funny. Ban a game that's been on sale for two weeks. What are
> they going to do with the half million copies already in people's
> homes? Send customs officers on a door to door refund scheme?
>
> Hilarious.

At last Bartender something we agree on, it is rather like shuting the gate when the horse has bolted, once something is a general release that is it because the censorship board have seen fit that we as the nanny state of Europe can play this game or watch a particular film.

Anyway ask yourself this if they banned Gta VC what about all the Gta3 games out there how do they justify selling that. The cartoony graphics are what saves Gta from being banned because it is seen a s unrealistic that is why they get away with violence in Cartoons. However this could prove to be a bigger problem for The Getaway which is realistic we will have to wait and see, depends on how gory it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.