GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laugh at the Daily Express"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 16:38
Regular
Double page spread in the Sunday Express at the weekend, with the headline 'How can they justify these sick ads?' Apparently, some people have complained about the new Microsoft Xbox ad, in which a baby shoots out of his mum, flies through the air while ageing and lands in its grave. People are supposedly saying it makes light of death.

Ha ha, how much more stupid can these people get? How is that offensive? Sick ad? Don't make me laugh, muppets.
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
Snuggly. What are you doing in the middle of a Daily Express?
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
Heh, I liked it too but I could see that a few people would be unhappy about it.

Pah, in Portugal they show nudity at dinner time in adverts.
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:59
Regular
I think they're just jelous 'cos they can't make good adverts :-D A double page spread on it, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:55
"penguins in hawaii?"
I hate people like that. Making something out of nothing. Sad.
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What's the saying?

"Give me strength Lord, or give me ammo"
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:46
Regular
Well, this plays right in MS hands.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity" as they say.

And I saw the advert at Waterloo last night, on the big tv screen they have there. And I found it amusing.
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That advert rules!

I laughed when I saw it, and now I laugh at the Daily Express for finding it a 'sick' advert.

:D
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heheh, I saw that ad and actually found it quite funny. The people who complain about these sorts of things are loners who are embittered about not enjoying themselves so they try and spoil it for everyone else.

soooooo...

Lol @ The Daily Express!
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've seen the ad. I have to admit, I laughed when it came on. I didn't realise it was an X-Box ad until the end.
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:39
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
By the way, it's not a baby that goes into the grave - the baby ages in mid-air, turning into a boy, then a man, then and old bloke, then he hits the grave. Just clearing that up. Muppets.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.