GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS - DOGTAGS"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 12:52
Regular
I'm quite new to MGS, but i know you can collect the dog tags for each enemy soldier. I'm playing the game for the first time and only bosses have dog tags, am i right in thinking it will be an option to collect them ALL on the second time through.

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
Yes, you need to load the finished game, then start again ;)
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:26
I have completed the game once and got the digital camera. It sais this can then be used in the tanker and plant but when i start a new game the camera isnt there. Does anyone know whats wrong
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:54
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Weird thing happened.....

I was watching the end sequence today and someone (no spoilers here) was holding 2 dog tags in the cut-scene. Now I could have sworn I saw my name on one of them...Ill have to look more carefully next time round
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Na†ßu© wrote:
> how do u get the digital camera on Raidens part and how do u save photos?

There's two ways to get it, it's in the lvl5 room at the bottom of the stairs of the Parcel Room (Strut E).

1) Use a LvL5 PAN card (you get this from Emma towards the end of the level).
2) Jump on the conveyor belt with box type 5 equipped and the conveyor belt will take you there.
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> PSG1 is in the warehouse behind a lvl3 door, you get the lvl3 card once you've visited Richard Ames in Core 1.

Thanks for that, I should hopefully be getting the Level 3 card soon then as I've only got the L1 at the mo.

Cheers ;D
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:31
Regular
"  "
how do u get the digital camera on Raidens part and how do u save photos?
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:10
Regular
PSG1 is in the warehouse behind a lvl3 door, you get the lvl3 card once you've visited Richard Ames in Core 1.
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Where the blinkin heck is the sniper rifle? I've been round most places on Big Shell and I've not seen it.

Either that or I'm blind or cr@p! ;)
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im afraid to kill the soldiers now, everytime i kill one i think, 'gah! thats one more tag gone....and it could have been me!!!'

But surely there are more guards than there are tags, as when you kill a guard they are always eventually replaced with another one.

Hope so anyway.

Anyway, this is a MGS 2 thread so i might as well mention it... i had some tremendous fun shooting seaguls with my sniper rifle last night, had me in stitches it did!

*BANG!*

'Arrggg' says the bird......*splash*
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:58
Regular
...and if you want to see who's wearing a tag or not before you hold them up, equip the thermal goggles and look at the guards' chests through them. If they're wearing a dog tag it'll show up on your viewscreen through the goggles.

To get the thermal goggles, just after you get rid of Olga on the Tanker Level, climb up to the top of the crow's nest at the very top of the tanker above the bridge. The goggles are at the top.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.