GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS - DOGTAGS"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 12:52
Regular
I'm quite new to MGS, but i know you can collect the dog tags for each enemy soldier. I'm playing the game for the first time and only bosses have dog tags, am i right in thinking it will be an option to collect them ALL on the second time through.

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:52
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I'm quite new to MGS, but i know you can collect the dog tags for each enemy soldier. I'm playing the game for the first time and only bosses have dog tags, am i right in thinking it will be an option to collect them ALL on the second time through.

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'm playing through on the very easy level and managed to collect 5 dog tags from 5 guards yesterday.

I haven't managed to collect any from the bosses. I can't remember what happens when you go back and see a guard who's dogtag you've got, but I've seen it mentioned before somewhere here.

I don't know how many you can actually collect either, probably loads, still another part to the game to find out.
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:04
Regular
oasismark wrote:
>i know you can collect the dog tags for each enemy
> soldier.

You remember the hold up method I told you about in the other MGS thread? About moving with L1? Simply use that to get in front of a guard, and then point your gun at either their head, or private parts. This prompts them to jiggle about and make things such as dog tags fall out.
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
ssxpro wrote:
>This prompts them to jiggle about and make things such as dog tags fall out.

Jiggle about bit is hilarious! I found that the dogtags would drop out if aiming at privates but other stuff would fall out if you aimed at their head.
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Too many MGS threads - it's boring into my brain.....

Help......
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:37
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
You remember the hold up method I told you about in the other MGS
> thread? About moving with L1? Simply use that to get in front of a guard, and
> then point your gun at either their head, or private parts. This prompts them to
> jiggle about and make things such as dog tags fall out.

B****r, that means i've missed out on collecting all the dogtags. Is holding up jiggling the same as shaking around on floor jiggling? I manage to get thing like ammo, and ration from jiggleing dead guards, but never a dog tag.

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:50
Regular
"Acid Casual"
No. They jiggle cos they are awake.. you have to scare them into handing it over.

You can jiggle them all you want when they're asleep but you won't get any...

Rather like a woman really...
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark wrote:
>B****r, that means i've missed out on collecting all the dogtags. Is holding up jiggling the same as shaking around on floor jiggling? I manage to get thing like ammo, and ration from jiggleing dead guards, but never a dog tag.

Mark

No the jiggling around on the floor is just shaking their stuff out, or just dropping them onto the floor.

I think once you've killed them their dogtags disappear, I found this out as I held up one of the guards, pointed at his privates, he jiggled around and dropped dogtag and then I accidently let a round off straight between the eyes ;D

When I went to get the dogtag it was gone.....doh!
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Holding up: Walk up behind a guard without him catching sight of you. Press the square button with a weapon equipped to hold him up. When he raises his hands in the air, keep the square button pressed but also press and hold L1 to allow you to walk around the front of him with your gun locked on to him.

Then release L1, and in first person view (press and hold R1) aim the gun at his head or groin and if he's a wimp he'll say 'Don't shoot me' or tremble, then he'll drop you a dogtag if he's wearing one.

There are 361 dog tags in the game to collect, some on Very Easy, some on Easy, some on Normal etc.

Some guards are tougher than others, if they say 'Are you going to shoot me?' when you're holding them up, it means you've either got to shoot them in the arm or leg first before they'll drop you a dogtag. Failing that, hold every guard up with a Stinger Missile Launcher and they'll do whatever you want them to every time.
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
...and if you want to see who's wearing a tag or not before you hold them up, equip the thermal goggles and look at the guards' chests through them. If they're wearing a dog tag it'll show up on your viewscreen through the goggles.

To get the thermal goggles, just after you get rid of Olga on the Tanker Level, climb up to the top of the crow's nest at the very top of the tanker above the bridge. The goggles are at the top.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.