GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Square? Who Cares? (Fanboy flipside)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 10:22
Regular
So Square are going to develop some games for Nintendo are they?

No, sorry, correction, a Square affiliate are going to develop some games for Nintendo.

Well I ask you this, Ninties, what, exactly, do you hope to gain from this?

Look at what Square have done so far for the PS2? Hardly anything to write home about. The Bouncer was shockingly poor, and FFX is said to be less than impressive. Not that we've even got to see it yet, such is their (lack of) committment to the European market.

You seem to think that all of the FF series will come to Nintendo machines now, with older games ported to the GBA, and the more recent ones coming out on the Gamecube. Has this even been anounced yet? Nope, yep again you Ninties are putting the horse before the cart, when in fact you seem to have closed the door after the horse has bolted!

Sorry, that might confuse some of you feeble minded Ninties, so I'll explain.

Just like the Resident Evil series you think you've gotten something big, when in fact, it's yesterdays news.

Resident Evilwas getting tired, and Final Fantasy seemed to go off the boil with 8 - 9 had it's moments, but the magic was diminishing.

So you all whoop away all you like, head blinkered into your days of playing 5 year old ports, and miss out on anything original!

Capcom will be releasing new games on the PS2. Square will also be releasing fresh games on the PS2.

They're using Nintendo for the quick buck, knowing Ninties will buy the games hoping to relive past glories. Meanwhile Sony gamers will reap the benefits of originality from these companies, which you might get a piece of in the following generation!

What's next, Konami anouncing Metal Gear Solid (Not part 2) for the Gamecube?

No doubt you'd lap that up too, thinking it was some kind of victory!
Mon 11/03/02 at 10:22
Regular
"not dead"
So Square are going to develop some games for Nintendo are they?

No, sorry, correction, a Square affiliate are going to develop some games for Nintendo.

Well I ask you this, Ninties, what, exactly, do you hope to gain from this?

Look at what Square have done so far for the PS2? Hardly anything to write home about. The Bouncer was shockingly poor, and FFX is said to be less than impressive. Not that we've even got to see it yet, such is their (lack of) committment to the European market.

You seem to think that all of the FF series will come to Nintendo machines now, with older games ported to the GBA, and the more recent ones coming out on the Gamecube. Has this even been anounced yet? Nope, yep again you Ninties are putting the horse before the cart, when in fact you seem to have closed the door after the horse has bolted!

Sorry, that might confuse some of you feeble minded Ninties, so I'll explain.

Just like the Resident Evil series you think you've gotten something big, when in fact, it's yesterdays news.

Resident Evilwas getting tired, and Final Fantasy seemed to go off the boil with 8 - 9 had it's moments, but the magic was diminishing.

So you all whoop away all you like, head blinkered into your days of playing 5 year old ports, and miss out on anything original!

Capcom will be releasing new games on the PS2. Square will also be releasing fresh games on the PS2.

They're using Nintendo for the quick buck, knowing Ninties will buy the games hoping to relive past glories. Meanwhile Sony gamers will reap the benefits of originality from these companies, which you might get a piece of in the following generation!

What's next, Konami anouncing Metal Gear Solid (Not part 2) for the Gamecube?

No doubt you'd lap that up too, thinking it was some kind of victory!
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:44
Regular
*cries*

Make the bad man stop...
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:53
you have caused me great pain with your comments :(
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:46
Regular
Meka seems to be a Dringo AND a Turbonutter, 2 in 1! :-D
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:47
Regular
"not dead"
Strafex wrote:
> Meka seems to be a Dringo AND a Turbonutter, 2 in 1! :-D

Yep.

* Sings 'I'm every woman' *

;-)
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
Because. It. Is. More. Possible. That. Secret of Mana will be remade for the GameCube.

*I live in a dream. Don't dare break that*.

Also, I was cheering so loud because sad pathetic Sony fans (not all of them, just the ones that should be shot) cannot boast they have FFantasy anymore.
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:46
Regular
I like the way this Meka Dragon thinks...........

I seem to remember saying something similar to this when the news of the Nintendo/Resi deal broke, and I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that it was a mere few weeks before the European launch of a Devil May Cry. Add to that the fact that we have also seen Onimusha Warlords, and even the sequel due very soon. The only original Resi game released for the PS2 has been Survivor 2, as Code Veronica is a DC rehash.

Anyway, never mind, as you Nintendo types sit down to enjoy FFX, us PS2 owners will be running around in the land of FFXI, and enjoying a true masterpiece in the form of Xenosaga, oh, and that is only if any of us can actually eject the MGS2 disc long enough to be bothered with them.....
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:54
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Specific details on the new subsidiary and their direction from a Square representative...

Following on from the weekend’s announcement regarding Square’s development of titles for Nintendo formats, we today received the official word from a Square representative.

Company Name : Square, Inc.
Representative Name : CEO/President Yoichi Wada
Inquiries to be made to : CEO Office, Publicity/IR Chief
Kazuyoshi Murakawa

In some of the coverage by the media today, there have been reports that “Our company will return to providing games for Nintendo Co. Ltd.” and “One of our company’s producer will establish a company”. While we are currently in the stage of preparing for publicity, we will release some supplementary explanation.

Our company is currently in preparation to release game software for Nintendo Co. Ltd’s “Game Boy Advance” through a game planning & development company (Corporate name: Game Designers Studio Inc.(tentative), Capital: 10 million yen, Capital composition: Akiyoshi Kawazu 51%, Square 49%, Company Representative: Akiyoshi Kawazu(concurrently with post as Square Executive).

In addition, our game planning & development company is going through adjustment to receive an investment fund in its development of a new type of game. The investment fund “Fund Q”, was established by Hiroshi Yamauchi’s private fortune (Nintendo Co. Ltd President) to support venture businesses.

These issues will not influence our business productivity for the present term. We are currently planning our business management for the next term and onwards such as “Final Fantasy XI” and “Final Fantasy XII”, with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation 2 as our main platform.”
------------------------------------------------------------
Oddly enough, I see no reference here to FF on GCN? And that they have only confirmed a title for the GBA...whoo hoo!!
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:25
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Oh! Good argument Meka, you just convinced me to stay with Sony...
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:48
Regular
Quote from cube-europe.com

"The first details regarding the GC/GBA version of Final Fantasy have been announced. It is said that a Final Fantasy game utilizing the GC-GBA connection will be released around this christmas."

However don't believe them! Anybody can announce details be they real or false! Best thing to do is to wait for an official announcement from either Nintendo or Square that the game series will be coming to Nintendo consoles.

And Meka, I'm a Nintendo fan, I never said that FF games will be coming to Nintendo consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.