GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Square? Who Cares? (Fanboy flipside)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 10:22
Regular
So Square are going to develop some games for Nintendo are they?

No, sorry, correction, a Square affiliate are going to develop some games for Nintendo.

Well I ask you this, Ninties, what, exactly, do you hope to gain from this?

Look at what Square have done so far for the PS2? Hardly anything to write home about. The Bouncer was shockingly poor, and FFX is said to be less than impressive. Not that we've even got to see it yet, such is their (lack of) committment to the European market.

You seem to think that all of the FF series will come to Nintendo machines now, with older games ported to the GBA, and the more recent ones coming out on the Gamecube. Has this even been anounced yet? Nope, yep again you Ninties are putting the horse before the cart, when in fact you seem to have closed the door after the horse has bolted!

Sorry, that might confuse some of you feeble minded Ninties, so I'll explain.

Just like the Resident Evil series you think you've gotten something big, when in fact, it's yesterdays news.

Resident Evilwas getting tired, and Final Fantasy seemed to go off the boil with 8 - 9 had it's moments, but the magic was diminishing.

So you all whoop away all you like, head blinkered into your days of playing 5 year old ports, and miss out on anything original!

Capcom will be releasing new games on the PS2. Square will also be releasing fresh games on the PS2.

They're using Nintendo for the quick buck, knowing Ninties will buy the games hoping to relive past glories. Meanwhile Sony gamers will reap the benefits of originality from these companies, which you might get a piece of in the following generation!

What's next, Konami anouncing Metal Gear Solid (Not part 2) for the Gamecube?

No doubt you'd lap that up too, thinking it was some kind of victory!
Tue 12/03/02 at 16:50
Regular
As for whining you two faced sonyphile i do it to prevoke console wars... it is much more intresting than i think we should do this! As a matter of fact i've gone off computer games nearly completley and have moved to music...

Won't stop me getting a Gamecube.
Tue 12/03/02 at 16:47
Regular
Ah but then it would be no fun, Bonus when i meant nothing new i was referring TO SEQUELS. GTA3 is a sequal to GTA1 and 2 but it has reinvented itself. Just as Zelda and Mario do time and time again. Tekken, MGS2, GT3, Wipeout etc... are all PS2 exclusive titles (on a games console) that do nothing new over its predecessors...
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:23
Regular
Dringo wrote:
8: The games on the PS2 are all yesterdays news, i havent seen
> anything new and special on their bar GTA3 and it looks now as if that is
> Gamecube bound...

hehe, you amuse me little manny.

The sheer amount drivel that spews from your mouth every single time it is opened is quality entertainment, but anyway, you are a fool......

GTA3 is far rom original, it is just a damn good game. I don't think that there is anything in this game which hasn't been seen in either of it's prequels. It just has prettier graphics and a much nicer feel to crime.

But, yesterdays news is just as amusing. Lets see, you'll be buying Mario right?? Oh, and Zelda, and Metroid, and pokemon and Smash Bros and Rogue Leader and Mario Kart and hmm, wait a minute, I don't really care. Your niaveity when it comes to the sheer number of original titles for the PS2 is baffling. Onimusha, World Rally Championship, Extermination, Starfighter, Zone of the Enders, Devil May Cry, ICO, and Herdy Gerdy are more than enough originaltiy to keep most people happy. When it comes to the grand old name of sequelstation, the PS2 has been let down greatly by titles such as MGS2, GTA3, Wipeout Fusion, GT3, blah blah blah.

We've heard it all before, and it's people like you who keep it going. Let it rest, enjoy what you've got and stop bitching about what you don't have. Some day you may just wake up and realise you've been whining about this for so long just because you are a bit sad, a bit lonely, and a bit consoleless for another few months yet. In the mean time, I'll get back to playing through the torturously bad gaming experience that is the sequel to Metal Gear Solid.............
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:14
Regular
lol at the mong people who thought Meka was serious.
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:54
Regular
"not dead"
Um....

Some of you seem to have missed the point to this thread, it has a partner, which also needs to be read, only together can they be fuly appreciated.

It's called "Hung, Drawn and Squared (fanboy style)"

Read that before you continue with this one.
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:17
Regular
"¬_¬"
If Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are getting tired, then why are they two of the best selling games and series ever?

You are just jealous, methinks.

All of the half decent PS2 games are being more widely spread, to pastures new.

Okay, so I don't understand that last sentence either. Ciao.
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:06
Regular
1: I see it as a victory because it takes the point of getting a PS2 away (it was taken away with the Resident evil switch for me).

2: Final Fantasy Unlimited is the name of the game a completley new title (that is thought to be GBA).

3: Bonus we aren't getting FFX we will get the pile of crap that is FFXI.

4: It doesn't look like Square or Capcom are releasing any deacent titles to the Gamecube.

5: You seem to miss the point Nintendo are great on their own meanwhile sony erm aren't. But if Nintendo can get the major 3rd party titles the attraction to Sony shrinks and people see the great 1st party games.

6: I hate Final Fantasy other than the originals but you see it makes Nintendo money and gives them a larger user base.

7: Resident evil isn't just being re-made (the first anyway), RE4,0 and any other future RE titles will be GC bound.

8: The games on the PS2 are all yesterdays news, i havent seen anything new and special on their bar GTA3 and it looks now as if that is Gamecube bound...

9: Get out of my shop...
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:00
Regular
Um....to be quite honest, I found Resident Evil 1 on the PSX to be a bit....I dunno, boring?

And Resident Evil 2 on PC (probably because it's the PC version) was just terrible, in looks and gameplay.

But that's just my opinion...the games are being recreated for the GameCube and are bound to be better to some degree.
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:58
Regular
Square have developed a huge fan base so will sell loads of Gamecube's in turn making money for Nintendo which means better Nintendo games and/or more...

That is why i care, Resident evil is brilliant though i won't allow you to knock it.
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:12
Regular
I've decided I don't care.

Because it's games. No-one cares.

Movies, however...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.