GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 versus...............EVERYTHING!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 16:11
Regular
i see several arguments crop up about the consoles, and i have to admitt that......PS2 has whipped them all. Theres no argument at all, PS2 has so far been the better console. With several game series coming out on there, we also see the new Final Fantasys games are on there. Also there are loads of classics such as Read 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2! Ridge Races and Silent Scope drools. And look at the graphics on here, i think there betetr resolution then real life! Also DVD, gaming and DvD in one, what more could anyone want, easy accsess and brilliant multiplayer options PS2 has got to be the downright winner, unless everyone willing to go crawling back to the Gamecube and to ur Sad pokemom games. Remember over 2 million people have bought it already, so whats ur comments!
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:18
sedgie wrote:
> Have you even played on zelda OoT for the N64, that game is the best game ever,
> miles better than any PS2 game!!

*Punches in random buttons on pad and watches as Zelda plays the pan pipes* Zelda Ocarina Of Time is just another scam from nitendoe to redo and old series!

This is how to produce a nintendo game:

pokemon/mario/Zelda + bad plot = over priced game around Ł60!

I mean take Final Fantasy Compared *heres me ranting about Final Fantasy again* to the Zelda series, each plot has been origanal, different from the last! With new characters and brilliant plots! Where zelda is just a small bloke with an over large sword paying a pipe, and drowning accasionally! *Press' button and watches as thingy falls over onto his blade and impales himself, oh dear*
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
Bartlex wrote:

Wow, lets all be impresses by a blue freak
> with spikes! Anyway, i think sonic has lost its touch too! Marios all right
> though, Mario tennis is preety good!

I would just like to point out that SonicRav is NOT a blue freak... Thank You
Mon 11/03/02 at 13:16
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> God this post is pathetic!

Anyone who says that one console is "the
> best" is just missing out on the great games on other consoles.

Sonic

Wow, lets all be impresses by a blue freak with spikes! Anyway, i think sonic has lost its touch too! Marios all right though, Mario tennis is preety good!
Mon 11/03/02 at 09:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
Bartlex,

PS2 is the only one top be released here so far so i'd say you're argument that it's sold more is kinda void....
Mon 11/03/02 at 07:18
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
Have you even played on zelda OoT for the N64, that game is the best game ever, miles better than any PS2 game!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:24
"penguins in hawaii?"
Yeah, and they must be wearing blinkers, because they can't see the light that is the gamecube.
Sun 10/03/02 at 19:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
God this post is pathetic!

Anyone who says that one console is "the best" is just missing out on the great games on other consoles.

Sonic
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:09
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
He he he... Good lessons taught from Edgy the Wise.
But Bartlex does have a point, MGS2 will be a *good* game. No, it will be allright. No, it won't be near the best game in the world, leave that to real games. MGS2 is solely a film in which you have a few small choices to make, you barely feel as if it's you playing at all it's so linear!
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:02
Regular
Bartlex wrote:
> *brins in Metal Gear Solid 2* betters games huh!

Doesn't interest me. It may be a decent game but it's not making me rush out to buy it.

The PS2 has an 128-bit emotion
> engine, 32mn RAM, 48 channells DVD/ CDROM and two controll ports!

The GameCube, N64 and Dreamcast had 4. And you can play GameBoy Advance games 4 player too! So what's so special about having 2 controller ports?

If you try
> palying silent Scope on the dreamcast, then on the Playstation 2*like i have*
> you'll see the graphics are much sharper, also even with out a lightgun its
> preety good handling!

It's bound to be aint it! The PS2 was released around a year or two after Dreamcast and has better specs. Doesn't make the console itself any better though. The SNES could be counted as better if you look in the sense of originality!

Also SSx Snowboard Supercross and Tekken Tag Tournament are
> among many games that are "Well thought out"!

Well thought out? "I thought of getting it but I didn't" Is that what you mean?
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:58
Regular
Bartlex wrote:
> i see several arguments crop up about the consoles, and i have to admitt
> that......PS2 has whipped them all.

Are you sure about that?

Theres no argument at all, PS2 has so far
> been the better console.

Because maybe it's the most technologically advanced at the moment (wont be for long though)

With several game series coming out on there, we also
> see the new Final Fantasys games are on there.
>Also there are loads of classics
> such as Read 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2!

ReadY 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 is meant to be better graphically on the Playstation 2, but a faster and more active game on the Dreamcast.

Ridge Races and Silent Scope drools. And
> look at the graphics on here, i think there betetr resolution then real life!

lol, yeah right! You can't get better than real life, and if you think any console can do better, then you must have something in your eyes!

> Also DVD, gaming and DvD in one, what more could anyone want,

A chocolate dispenser? I want a Games Console, not a flaming fridge freezer which can play this, do that, and keep my chocolate cold!

easy accsess and
> brilliant multiplayer options PS2 has got to be the downright winner, unless
> everyone willing to go crawling back to the Gamecube and to ur Sad pokemom

You obviously haven't heard: There aren't any Pokémon games so far in the official Nintendo release list for America.

> games. Remember over 2 million people have bought it already, so whats ur
> comments!

Almost that many bought Pokémon Gold too!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.