GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You have to hand it to Sony..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 10:10
Regular
Their postal-advertising is first class.
Since registering my PSOne ages ago, and my PS2 when I got it last year, I have recieved so much funny advertising mail.
Some time ago I remember getting a Tomb Raider envelope filled with loads of letters, photos etc.
I also got a Syphon Filter mock spy kit, with a little piece of red plastic to read secret messages.
A couple of weeks ago I got a WRC necklace thing with info about the game inside.

Then today I get a blank birthday card. Hmmm, strange.
So I open the plastic wrapper, and inside are stickers with various apologies inside, with which to stick inside the card.
You are supposed to be so addicted to your PS2 games that you have ignored the special people in your life, so you send the apology card.
Very original.

Their TV adverts may suck, but in terms of their advertising junk mail, Sony rule.
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I got that blank card today too.

On that competition card, surely everyone will just tik all 8 boxes for the games? I mean if you've got the same chance of winning, why not take all the games? Even if you don't like them you can sell them.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:46
"...Unicef pennies.."
Rosalind wrote:
> They are evil. they conned the Ogre into signing up for their service. > When the Ogre said this
> isn't a contract is it, they lied to him and said no.
>
> Evil.

TxUI energy did a similar thing to me and my missus.

TxUI energy suck cajones.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Past few years i have had a Christmas and Birthday card from Sony. How thoughtfull!!

My name wasnt on the card obviously, but i had the likes of Lara Croft, Clair Redfield, Jak and Daxter and so on all wish me happy returns.

Come to think of it......this was some advertising ploy wasnt it!?

Oh well, the demo discs and free stuff they send cant be bad.

Probably expecting some 'The Getaway' stuff to be posted before long.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Past few years i have had a Christman and Birthday card from Sony. How thoughtfull!!

My name wasnt on the card obviously, but i had the likes of Lara Croft, Clair Redfield, Jak and Daxter and so on all wish me happy returns.

Come to think of it......this was some advertising ploy wasnt it!?

Oh well, the demo discs and free stuff they send cant be bad.

Probably expecting some 'The Getaway' stuff to be posted before long.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:40
"griever"
have you seen the xbox advert where it goes in through the chimney if that happened in real life that would flatten the house and its inhabitants its so huge
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:17
Regular
"  "
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I reckon British Gas suck because their employees spend all day on
> internet chat boards.

Says you. :D
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
"but how are you at canasta?"

Random Izzard quote.

(Its spam day today)
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:12
"Darkness, always"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I reckon British Gas suck because their employees spend all day on
> internet chat boards.

Hohoho. And still I get to roll out world class processes and methods, manage the finances of a £342million project, and do my christmas shopping.

The world needs more people like me.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I reckon British Gas suck because their employees spend all day on internet chat boards.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> We rock, frankly.

Yeah, but the stuff I said before.

Plus...

I'm better!

I rock

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.