GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just stupid now..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 11:48
Regular
Grand Theft Auto 3, as I`ve mentioned a couple of times over the last year, somehow manages to stay in the top 10 all-formats chart. I could see why at first, with many people not realising how good the game was until they`d seen it at friends houses etc... and as a result bought the game later. That would explain why it stayed at number 1 until Christmas, but how did it manage to stay there all year? I don`t know, but it was impressive!

Anyway, the reason its getting stupid now is that its still there, number 7 if I remember correctly, and yet Vice City has been around for over a week now. I was shocked to see GTA3 still clinging on to the top 10 despite its little brother selling such a huge number of copies. I guess it might finally leave the top 10 next week, but I`m still amazed its there right now.

On a similar topic, how do you think Vice City's sales will compare? Its totally outdoing GTA3 *now* but is it too much too soon? In a couple of months nearly everyone who wants a copy will have a copy, and I feel it is unlikely the game will still be in the top 10 when its GTA3's age.

Any thoughts?
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:00
"cheerios"
i agree :)
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:54
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> The PC version didnt come out till around spring time so I guess sales
> of that kept it in the all format chart for longer...

It did, but I brought that up in a previous "I can`t believe GTA3 is still there topic". If you compare the positions of GTA3 in the all-formats, ps2 and pc charts, then (last time I checked this) the PS2 sales were far larger and easily enough to keep the game in the top 10. The PC sales possibly bumped it up a place or two, but were certainly not the main contributor.
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:53
I kinda agree about GTA3 because GTA:VC is a great game but really it is mostly everything GTA3 should of had so it is only kind of an update.
Sat 23/11/02 at 00:13
Regular
The PC version didnt come out till around spring time so I guess sales of that kept it in the all format chart for longer...

I actually own both PC and PS2 versions...

More money than sense i guess!
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:58
"cheerios"
i feel the same... gta vice city is basically gta 3 with polish and a few more cars and weapons... (not that im saying its not a damn good game) (i got it the day before it came out) but gta3 actually passed its expectation. gta vice city just lived up to it, hey but im not complaining. im off now to play vice city
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
AfroJoe wrote:
> In my opinion, GTA3 is actually a better game than GTA: Vice City.
> Many people won't share that opinion with me, but I'll stick too it.
>
> There are so many more things to do in Vice City, so many more
> vehicles, more guns, the ability to buy properties, and overall, most
> will think it's a better game than GTA3, but I don't.
>
> GTA3 is better, for me anyway.

I'd love to know y u feel this?
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It'll never leave the chart, damnit.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
In my opinion, GTA3 is actually a better game than GTA: Vice City. Many people won't share that opinion with me, but I'll stick too it.

There are so many more things to do in Vice City, so many more vehicles, more guns, the ability to buy properties, and overall, most will think it's a better game than GTA3, but I don't.

GTA3 is better, for me anyway.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:44
"griever"
i think that the only reason that gta will go out of the charts is if the sun explodes and we all die
Thu 21/11/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Hmmm, yes, I think it will be intersting to see what happens when the Getaway comes out next month. Any of my mates with PS2's are eager to own both VC and the Getaway. I myself have VC and ordered from SR a few weeks back the Getaway. Do ya think VC and the Getaway will be battlting it out for the number 1 & 2 slots? :op

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.