GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enter The Matrix"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:22
Regular
Go check the Upwire.com front page for the full lowdown on Enter The Matrix on PS2 etc. I'm excited.

Yum.
Fri 22/11/02 at 15:28
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> Max Payne created the phrase Bullet Time, essentially giving the now
> oft-used effect a name.

Like Wookie said, that is 100% untrue.

If you have The Matrix Collectors Edition DVD (or the extra DVD, sometimeso sold seperately, called The Matrix Revisited) then it shows the whole process of making bullet time, right back from experiments starting in 1996 (!), its conceptualisation, and the gradual process to its conception.
Fri 22/11/02 at 15:19
"High polygon count"
Yes, but what of the reported exclusions? I've read the PSM2 article, and it mentions that all of the voices and motion capture etc. are in the PS2 version!
Fri 22/11/02 at 15:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The game will be exclusive to the X-Box, but only for a certain amount of time. Microsoft and Interplay agreed to release the game on the X-Box before it's released on all other formats.
Fri 22/11/02 at 15:05
"High polygon count"
El Blokey wrote:
> Max Payne created the phrase Bullet Time, essentially giving the now
> oft-used effect a name.

Sorry, but you're completely wrong.

Bullet time was in fact designed by the creators of the original Matrix film - there's a whole feature about it on the DVD. Max Payne just ripped it off.

Anyway, Snuggly - what's going on with this game? Remember this article?

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=812

MS bought rights to the game, and anything but the Xbox version was to be deliberately crippled as a result. An article on another website at that time stated that this agreement gives the Xbox version exclusive rights to the actual actor's voices, and the choreography. All other versions would be inferior.

Now I know Interplay were bought out, and now it seems that Shiny Entertainment are making the game.

More info please!
Fri 22/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Max Payne created the phrase Bullet Time, essentially giving the now oft-used effect a name.
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:49
Regular
"  "
Pro Evo wrote:
> Didnt Max Payne use something similar to Bullet time when you could
> slow the game down? Dont think you dodged bullets, but it was very
> similar.
>
> Maybe it will end up being based around that?

Lol. That was a joke... right?
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
So do I.

I hope it has loads more fighting and special effects ...pleeease!

...oh yeah, and also loads of beefy bad guys like the bald agent.

Hell yeah! Go Neo. Go Neo. Go Neo.

:D
Thu 21/11/02 at 18:37
Regular
i wonder what happens to Neo in the new film then...
Thu 21/11/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Nah not even me, can you believe that? :D
Thu 21/11/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> You can't be any of the main characters in the movie :O(

Not even Neo? P-lease.

You didn't really dodge bullets in Max Payne, hope you can do it proper Matrix-style on this one.

Please God, don't let it suck like other movie games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.