GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City and Hitman2, Withdrawn?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 19:11
Regular
Today at work, I was sitting in the canteen having lunch, and a couple of guys were sitting talking, one was reading the paper and was reading, aloud, a section about Hitman 2 and Vice city being withdrawn from the market. Does anyone know if this is true or is it just papers jumping to conclusons again?
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Went in Game looking for new PSW and I heared one say that Hitman 2
> has been withdrawn and GTA Vice is set to be withdrawn due to racial
> issues. :/

To be honest with you, I wasnt expecting the Vice City withdrawel(sp?) to be true. I can see how Hitman was withdrawn but I cant understand Vice City.
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:39
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Hitman 2 has NOT been withdrawn. Some retailers are to stop selling it like Woolworth’s but it will still be available at other shops, including SR.
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Touched!"
The way i see it is if you find it offensive or whatever then just don't play the game, its not as if anyones making you play it, as some people have said, some people take gaming too seriously.
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:16
"High polygon count"
Rosalind wrote:
> Thats not the point. Even people over 18 can be offended if the game
> is racist.

True, but you kill many races/religions/nationalities in Hitman 2, and no-one else has complained.

I think the reason it's a touchy subject is because 900+ Sikhs were killed in a temple in 1986, very similar to the level in the game.

They seem to have stopped short of calling it 'racist' this time, though, presumably because the real-life massacre was carried out by Indian troops.
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Thats not the point. Even people over 18 can be offended if the game is racist.

I wouldn't like to comment as I haven't played Hitman 2
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Bobba you"
I don't see the point. They have bloody age ratings on them!!!
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Max Power"
Cartel Thug wrote:
> Ive got both of these titles, but I was just wondering why they would
> withdraw them.

it would be great if they were withdrawn then. the copies everyone has would go up in price
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:56
Regular
"  "
Went in Game looking for new PSW and I heared one say that Hitman 2 has been withdrawn and GTA Vice is set to be withdrawn due to racial issues. :/
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:51
Regular
I haven't seen VC anywhere, but I put that down to selling out.
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
If GTA: Vice City has been withdrawn...Someone can buy my copy...£1000.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.