GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City and Hitman2, Withdrawn?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 19:11
Regular
Today at work, I was sitting in the canteen having lunch, and a couple of guys were sitting talking, one was reading the paper and was reading, aloud, a section about Hitman 2 and Vice city being withdrawn from the market. Does anyone know if this is true or is it just papers jumping to conclusons again?
Fri 22/11/02 at 19:18
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Jeez, and people think I'm a bit right-wing! Calm down, dude!

In case people think I'm mad... the post I was referring to has since been deleted.
Fri 22/11/02 at 19:04
Regular
I read in the paper yesterday about hitman 2.

The laywer for the sikhs claimed

"They don't want some nerds getting kicks out of killing sikhs"

LOL!
Fri 22/11/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Does all this mean that my copy of Hitman 2 including the original temple level will be more valuable in years to come?
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:15
"High polygon count"
Jeez, and people think I'm a bit right-wing! Calm down, dude!
Fri 22/11/02 at 09:21
Regular
"we escape....."
BAN ALL GAMES!!! THEY'RE EVIL! EVIL I TELLS YA!
Fri 22/11/02 at 08:37
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I completely agree with banning this game!

I also want Austin Powers films to be banned as they portray Scottish people in a poor light due to the "Fat B@@@@@d" character

Super Mario should be banned as it portrays people/animals with horns and shells as "bad". Bowser was just misunderstood you know

Tom & Jerry should have been banned years ago. It shows animal cruelty, spousal abuse, racism, sexism and a host of offences such as GBH, attempted murder etc.

GTA Vice City should definately be banned as it is grossly offensive
*Fangface chuckles as he remembers the Copland mission - die copper die*

Every game / film / TV programme has some content be it small in some cases which could be construed as offensive to some parties. Everyone has one basic fundamental right in this country - If you do not like it do not do it

*Side note - I wish this applied to taxes*
Fri 22/11/02 at 08:05
Regular
"size does matter"
A game can be violent, it can involve killing, beating and so on, but if there's a bare boob in the game or a "racist" issue, then it has to be withdrawn or god knows what else. So, basically murdering and violence in the game is allright, but racism (or then in some cases nudity) are the true crimes which have to be dealt with. In such case, how do we differ from, for example, radical moslem societies, where moral issues are way more important than human life?

That kind of "moral" in the oh-so-democratic and free society makes me puke.
Fri 22/11/02 at 00:26
"High polygon count"
All I can say is, if they're changing it for "racist" reasons, then they better take out all the Italian Mafia people, Russians and so on, as it is surely just as offensive to those people. Maybe replace them all with fluffy white bunnies.

No... then we'll have the RSPCA involved...
Fri 22/11/02 at 00:24
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
They had a sikh boy
> claiming that "People will think that people in turbans are
> terrorists"

That's the funniest thing i've read all day.

Does that mean that if a man in Jeans holds a gun, then people will think all men in Jeans carry guns?

Kids makes me laugh.
Fri 22/11/02 at 00:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I am pretty sure newsround claimed it was racist. They mentioned about the level where you shoot the sikhs in their place of worship, then went on to say that the terrorists wore turbans. They had a sikh boy claiming that "People will think that people in turbans are terrorists"

Maybe it is just me but surely those who give the game its certificate rating would have picked up on this and made sure kids don't legally buy it. After all I'm sure many of the older ones can tell that people wearing turbans are not terrorists.

Taking things a little too seriously here I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.