GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Metroid Prime impressions...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 23/11/02 at 12:06
Regular
Graphics: Superb, neon lit corriders, a rainy forest, an Aztec ruin and a space station make up for possibly the best graphics seen so far on the Gamecube. All this happens in the first couple of hours of play!!! and i'm only 11% complete!!! Bugs are huge and spray green goo on your lens so it slowly moves down, making things harder to see, and everything looks extremly polished. 9/10

Music: Scary in some ways, when you defeat the first boss you have to get out of the space station before the time runs out, here you hear eerie world war type sirens and Sci-Fi beats, fast and very cool. 10/10

Controls: The first level tells you easily how to work the controls and from there it's a blessing, superb. 10/10

Levels: HUGE, but surprisignly the map helps you get around. I've come across all of the above and i'm only 11% complete, this game is massive!!! 10/10

Overall so far: This is not your average FPS, but it's superb, you really can't tell this game was nearly scrapped and in my opinion it's much better then any other FPS, including Time Splitters 2. I really can't pin point on why it's so good, but you really just can't stop playing. Even when you have to go back through the levels you come from it's no-where near boring and you'll enjoy blowng up bugs and not humans!!! 10/10

Any questions?? Ask me and I'LL TRY and answer them for you.....
Sat 23/11/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Graphics: Superb, neon lit corriders, a rainy forest, an Aztec ruin and a space station make up for possibly the best graphics seen so far on the Gamecube. All this happens in the first couple of hours of play!!! and i'm only 11% complete!!! Bugs are huge and spray green goo on your lens so it slowly moves down, making things harder to see, and everything looks extremly polished. 9/10

Music: Scary in some ways, when you defeat the first boss you have to get out of the space station before the time runs out, here you hear eerie world war type sirens and Sci-Fi beats, fast and very cool. 10/10

Controls: The first level tells you easily how to work the controls and from there it's a blessing, superb. 10/10

Levels: HUGE, but surprisignly the map helps you get around. I've come across all of the above and i'm only 11% complete, this game is massive!!! 10/10

Overall so far: This is not your average FPS, but it's superb, you really can't tell this game was nearly scrapped and in my opinion it's much better then any other FPS, including Time Splitters 2. I really can't pin point on why it's so good, but you really just can't stop playing. Even when you have to go back through the levels you come from it's no-where near boring and you'll enjoy blowng up bugs and not humans!!! 10/10

Any questions?? Ask me and I'LL TRY and answer them for you.....
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:46
Regular
Can I steal your game and console off you?

I'll return them once i've completed the game 10 times.
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
What's been you best bit so far?

:0
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I want this!

Rarrarag!

March 03?

WHY?!

:D
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
The next thing is....

WHy did I order it from SR in September! i could have imported!

ARGH! (again)

Sat 23/11/02 at 15:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Why do I not have any money to get a freeloader and MP on import?

RAFGARAFAG!

Oh hang on. I'm lazy.

Sat 23/11/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Why can't I play my copy of Monkey Ball 2 until the Freeloader is released?

Oh hang on. Amazon are Lazy. :D

And yes, I know it's not their fault, or Datel's fault for that matter. So ssh. :D
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What is up with that freeloader? I was thinking of getting one, for MP, but then it has never had concrete data.

Why?
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cyclone wrote:
> What is up with that freeloader? I was thinking of getting one, for
> MP, but then it has never had concrete data.
>
> Why?

I believe it was omething with Datel tryng to get 100% compatability with all games, or something. Still, Amazon have it pencilled in for early December. Possible Christams present, Nick?

Sat 23/11/02 at 15:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhhhhh....maybe....maybe.

As long as it came bundled with Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing and Zelda.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.