GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Metroid Prime impressions...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 23/11/02 at 12:06
Regular
Graphics: Superb, neon lit corriders, a rainy forest, an Aztec ruin and a space station make up for possibly the best graphics seen so far on the Gamecube. All this happens in the first couple of hours of play!!! and i'm only 11% complete!!! Bugs are huge and spray green goo on your lens so it slowly moves down, making things harder to see, and everything looks extremly polished. 9/10

Music: Scary in some ways, when you defeat the first boss you have to get out of the space station before the time runs out, here you hear eerie world war type sirens and Sci-Fi beats, fast and very cool. 10/10

Controls: The first level tells you easily how to work the controls and from there it's a blessing, superb. 10/10

Levels: HUGE, but surprisignly the map helps you get around. I've come across all of the above and i'm only 11% complete, this game is massive!!! 10/10

Overall so far: This is not your average FPS, but it's superb, you really can't tell this game was nearly scrapped and in my opinion it's much better then any other FPS, including Time Splitters 2. I really can't pin point on why it's so good, but you really just can't stop playing. Even when you have to go back through the levels you come from it's no-where near boring and you'll enjoy blowng up bugs and not humans!!! 10/10

Any questions?? Ask me and I'LL TRY and answer them for you.....
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:10
Regular
"^_^"
I just checked my local independant retailer. I am the first to pre-order it!

¦:¬D
Sun 24/11/02 at 13:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.........
Sun 24/11/02 at 11:27
Regular
"^_^"
I take it that it will be sold out after 5 mins of being on sale. I will have to pre-order it a.s.a.p! I think I might Pre-Order it now. LOL
Sun 24/11/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Does it have seprate levels or is it all one seamless world, as some have said it might be?
Sun 24/11/02 at 10:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
m.o.t wrote:
I've also got Metroid fusion and once you complete that, i'm
> going to link it up with my US cube and get the Snes Classic of
> Metroid!!!! I can't wait!!

It's the NES classic you get!

:)
Sun 24/11/02 at 10:17
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Sorry i have took so long to answer some questions. To the person who asked 'What is your favourite bit so far' it must be when you enter the snow level, Samus looks up at a massive snow coated building in the distance and it just looks beautiful. You can kind of strafe, when you lock onto your enemies you press B and A to shoot and move, i thought it would be easy locking onto your enemies to kill them but their so clever, they move out of the way, jump to your face, you really do have to be quick. It's fantastic i certainly have no regrets buying it and it's not your normal FPS but i love it!!! I was getting really excited about it and it didn't let me down, it's actually better then you all think.... By the way don't worry about the lifespan of this game i'm about 15% complete and played it for about 4 hours!!! I've also got Metroid fusion and once you complete that, i'm going to link it up with my US cube and get the Snes Classic of Metroid!!!! I can't wait!!
Sat 23/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
"^_^"
I will get Metroid. Just need to get on the old Europe waiting platform, (It is getting drowded already)
Sat 23/11/02 at 22:27
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Parr wrote:
> Does he say if there anygood?

He says Metroid Prime is freaking great but the thing is he is in this part where there is a ledge that he can't reach. I said GET THE DUMB GRAPPLE HOOK. But he can't find it.

He is probably still playing fusion now. But overall Metroid kicks for more a.....look a butterfly

"runs after butterfly"
Sat 23/11/02 at 22:25
Regular
"^_^"
Does he say if there anygood?
Sat 23/11/02 at 22:21
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Phycotickiller alrady has Metroid Prime and Fusion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.