GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"**OFFICIAL!!! FINAL FANTASY ON GAMECUBE **"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 21:27
Regular
News just released!
I can't believe it, I thought it was a joke but its true!
Square will develop for the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance, bringing Final Fantasy BACK TO NINTENDO.

Want the info:
www.planetgamecube.com

NUFF SAID.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
News just released!
I can't believe it, I thought it was a joke but its true!
Square will develop for the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance, bringing Final Fantasy BACK TO NINTENDO.

Want the info:
www.planetgamecube.com

NUFF SAID.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:31
Regular
"*Plonk*"
They say ***

Remember Yamauchi's fund to support development? Square's getting some of that money to make Final Fantasy games for GameCube and GBA. No, this is not a joke.

Major props to Powder, who sent us this extremely important news tip! According to the Saturday morning (in Japan) edition of the popular Nihon Keizai Shimbun newspaper, Square and Nintendo are getting back together to bring Final Fantasy back to Nintendo fans on both GameCube and Game Boy Advance! Here's an excerpt from Nikkei's website. You can see the full story by registering there (credit card required, but you get a two-week free trial period during which you can cancel at any time).

OSAKA (Nikkei)--Nintendo Co. (7974) has agreed to resume procuring the popular "Final Fantasy" video game software for its game consoles from Square Co. (9620) after a five-year hiatus, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun learned Friday.

The big news in this is not only is Square coming back, but Hiroshi Yamauchi himself is funding Square's return, by virtue of Fund Q, the fund set aside to help spark game development on GameCube. The new company to be stared by Square and Akitoshi Kawazu (one of Final Fantasy's developers), should be founded by the end of March.

Another important quote ...

The deal calls on the Square affiliate to produce software allowing users of two Nintendo consoles -- the GameCube and Game Boy Advance -- to play together by the end of the year.

"... to play together"? What does that mean???

Surely the first game to come out of this new venture will be Final Fantasy XI, as Square has been adamant about wanting the game on every console. But could we see a port of Final Fantasy X? And how does the GameBoy Advance fit in? There are a lot more questions to be answered yet.

Still, gamers' prayers have been answered. Square is officially back on Nintendo.

*** They Say.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Now that, is good!

It'll be a great addition for Nintendo fans.

I somehow think the GBA will do better with FF games than the Gc will.

Just a strange thought I had there.

:-)
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:42
Regular
"¬_¬"
Hows about this for the link-up option -

Do the main story and everything on the GC
Level-up, play minigames and have 4-way multiplayer games on the GBA

It could work you know...
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Mwuah, Mwuah, MWUAHAHAHHAHAHA
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:46
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
The possibilities are endless with the GC-GBA linkup!
Squaresoft can now further the Pocketstation Idea (That never made it to the West) with the Chocobos in FF8 and make something out of the link up for FF10 or 11!!
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:48
Regular
"*Plonk*"
Sméagol wrote:
> The possibilities are endless with the GC-GBA linkup!
Squaresoft can now
> further the Pocketstation Idea (That never made it to the West) with the
> Chocobos in FF8 and make something out of the link up for FF10 or 11!!

Woohoo! Chocobos!

Is is just me, but were they the coolest part of FF7? As long as its better than Chocobo Racing.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I actually had every chocobo in FF7, Black, Blue, Mountain you name it.
FF8's Chocobos where utter nonsense (Like a rare species), in fact I never had one in FF8.
FF9 I had 1, but thats it.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:55
Regular
"*Plonk*"
Sméagol wrote:
> I actually had every chocobo in FF7, Black, Blue, Mountain you name it.

I've played over 200 hours on that game. I've mastered Knights Of The Round twice, beat Emerald Weapon in 10mins and Ruby Weapon was a doddle. I just want more battles like the weapons - in FF8 Omega Weapon was a pile of pantz to fight and FF9 didnt really have an equivalent. All without cheating. Whoo Yeah!
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
It took me about an 40-50Mins to beat Sepiroth. I had the game finished in 60 Hours. But I hadn't everything though, only 99 % of stuff. Nights of the Round I had too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.