GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"**OFFICIAL!!! FINAL FANTASY ON GAMECUBE **"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 21:27
Regular
News just released!
I can't believe it, I thought it was a joke but its true!
Square will develop for the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance, bringing Final Fantasy BACK TO NINTENDO.

Want the info:
www.planetgamecube.com

NUFF SAID.
Mon 01/04/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Nintendo and Sony teaming up? You must be joking! Sony are probably at this minute devising the plans to cut the price of the PS2 even further to attempt to sink the GameCube like they did the Dreamcast. Nintendo know that Sony are trying to do this. Sony are just business men in an evil corporate company trying to sink all competitors.
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:20
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Damn! This means I'll have to buy a GC and a GBA! And after buying a PS2 aswell... PLease don't say anything about the X-Box...
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
GBA Update:

“Company Name : Square, Inc.
Representative Name : CEO/President Yoichi Wada
Inquiries to be made to : CEO Office, Publicity/IR Chief
Kazuyoshi Murakawa
In some of the coverage by the media today, there have been reports that "Our company will return to providing games for Nintendo Co. Ltd." and "One of our company's producer will establish a company". While we are currently in the stage of preparing for publicity, we will release some supplementary explanation.

Our company is currently in preparation to release game software for Nintendo Co. Ltd's "Game Boy Advance" through a game planning & development company (Corporate name: Game Designers Studio Inc.(tentative), Capital: 10 million yen, Capital composition: Akiyoshi Kawazu 51%, Square 49%, Company Representative: Akiyoshi Kawazu(concurrently with post as Square Executive).

In addition, our game planning & development company is going through adjustment to receive an investment fund in its development of a new type of game. The investment fund "Fund Q", was established by Hiroshi Yamauchi's private fortune (Nintendo Co. Ltd President) to support venture businesses.

These issues will not influence our business productivity for the present term. We are currently planning our business management for the next term and onwards such as "Final Fantasy XI" and "Final Fantasy XII", with Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 2 as our main platform.”
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nah, I like Nintendo, but a few of Sony's games wouldn't be bad.
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
GasMask wrote:
> Next thing it'll be Nintendo and Sony teaming up..

HA We don't need Sony
> scum, only MGS2 and GTA3 :o)

Nintendo and Sony teaming up.. that is not an all to far away dream.
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Next thing it'll be Nintendo and Sony teaming up..

HA We don't need Sony scum, only MGS2 and GTA3 :o)
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
THE GBA FF will PLAY TOGETHER WITH THE GC FF.

*faints*
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hah.. who cares.

Well done to those guys in the room where the meeting was in Japan and America... well done to Nintendo and Square.

SECRET OF MANAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
Edgy wrote:
>Why?

As much as I support Final Fantasy going to a wider audience, if I had the choice of picking up the gamecube version or PS2 version of Final Fantasy for the same price I'd choose the PS2 version, why? not because the GC version may be nothing more than a direct port but mainly because as I said the PS2 has an actual MPEG2 decoder inside (for the DVDs), to play all those spectatular FMVs just as the PS1 used it's VCD capabilities for FF7. I'm not 100% sure of what the outcome would be on the gamecube but unless it's spread across numerous discs (3 for the 4.7gig DVD) compression would effect I guarantee. Not only that Square now have experience with the PS2 (the bouncer,FF10,FF11 etc) and a keyboard/controller combo is on the way for FFXI and it will definatly use the modem (unheard of on the GC but on the way for PS2) and the HDD as an option to but loading times. Miyamoto said he doesn't intend to make the GC online "until it's ready" which could be anytime in the gamecube's life, so FFXI can't go ahead on the GC until it gets it's modem, why wait?

don't think I'm trying to have a go at ninty's here because they "scored" but try and see the differences in terms of file size, multimedia capabilities and internet access. oops went on a bit didn't I ;-)
Sat 09/03/02 at 18:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Because the GameCube's CPU can't decompress full screen MPEG2 video at a high framerate. My 333mhz can barely handle 24fps DVDs with hardware scaling on a skeleton Linux/XFree86 system.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.