GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rare"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 17:53
Regular
you all probley know this, but why the hell has rare sold out! my gc doesn't seeem worth it any more. After reciving so many hate mails on there site, i wonder if they will change there minds...
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:54
well do you want toi know buisness rare was only producing 1 game a year we play about 30 each year look at capcom 19 games a year that makes some cash but rare have to pay for thier logo and electric bill and there becomes wasted equipment that they need to use up microsoft will call them every ten minutes and say another game please but nintendo wasnt bringing them any buisnes remember the n64 died and rare realeased no games for 6 months they went to microsoft for more money
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:47
Regular
Actually I disagree Strafex Rare are not as good as before. Conker's engine was made and then about 50 people jumped in and spent a year and a half fiddeling with the humour. Perfect Dark was started by the Goldeneye team and some of the lead people who finished it also joined Free Radical Design.
Wed 27/11/02 at 09:55
Regular
Oops… forgot to correct Maverick –

Although most of the Goldeneye team has left Rare, that’s got nothing to do with Conker and Perfect Dark was finished fine anyway.
Besides, Conker stopped being another Mario wannabe AFTER they left, which is when the Conker’s Bad Fur Day took shape instead of Conker “another cutesy character trying to ape Mario but failing miserably”.

If you look at Rare’s best and worst, you’ll see that it’s usually when Nintendo intervene that things go wrong. Both Rare and Nintendo are great, but work in different ways and don’t work so well together.

Starfox Adventures is the latest example of this, it was much more promising as Dinosaur Planet.

Don’t worry about Rare’s departure. There’s plenty of other great games around now, besides, by the time Rare games come out on the Xbox.. Blah..blah.. :-D
Wed 27/11/02 at 09:46
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Turak wrote:
> Perfect dark, conkers other bad day? i was looking forward to them,
> main reason why i got a gc
>
> Well don't worry - because the people you know for Perfect Dark and
> Conker's Bad Fur Day are no longer part of Rare. They left and formed
> Free Radical Design. A few went to Retro Studios (Metroid Prime) and a
> few more to Silicon Knights (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem).
> Plus, there'll be games to rival and beat those two you mentioned from
> Nintendo and other first party/second party/third party developers.

Cheer up Turak. The Xbox isn’t selling well and MS are cutting its price by the minute. By the time the Rare games come out, you’ll be able to pick one up dirt cheap! ;-)
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:42
Regular
There are only two winners in this, and that is Nintendo and Microsoft. Both Rare and the consumers have lost out.
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:28
Maverick42 wrote:
> Well don't worry - because the people you know for Perfect Dark and
> Conker's Bad Fur Day are no longer part of Rare. They left and formed
> Free Radical Design. A few went to Retro Studios (Metroid Prime) and a
> few more to Silicon Knights (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem).
> Plus, there'll be games to rival and beat those two you mentioned from
> Nintendo and other first party/second party/third party developers.

Supose, but rare still own the names to the games, but this gives opitiunity for more new games to come out, which is a better thing:D
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Ah! Take that Parr!

Thats a very good point that u would never of thought of Parr!

*Walks away*

*Cough*

Alex m8y...get your spellings right...

Maybe i'll just tell u that next GNVQ ICT lesson :p

(Which by the way i'm getting a higer grade then u!!)

Also you are taller...damm u...
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:55
Regular
"^_^"
Maverick is right, there is now a gap in the market, give it time and it will be filled right away. With out Rare someone will make the £££
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:46
Regular
Turak wrote:
> Perfect dark, conkers other bad day? i was looking forward to them,
> main reason why i got a gc

Well don't worry - because the people you know for Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day are no longer part of Rare. They left and formed Free Radical Design. A few went to Retro Studios (Metroid Prime) and a few more to Silicon Knights (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem). Plus, there'll be games to rival and beat those two you mentioned from Nintendo and other first party/second party/third party developers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.