GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Maxx PC - opinions?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 12:12
Regular
I am in the market for a new PC for my house ( I am on my business one now) and am thinking about the SR 2.4ghz maxx 4D

I realise it would be unfair to recomend other companies but can anyone advise possible pro's and con's of this system

Is it worthwhile upgrading any off the components and do you agree with my idea about going for the more affordable 2.4ghz and upgrade it in a year or two when I could pick up a 2.8ghz for a quarter of the price

Any help would be appreciated
Fri 20/12/02 at 00:20
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Did you get the 19" 9glr monitor mate?.
>
> c..b

indeed I did I cant touch the pc yet (roll on wednesday) but the monitor box is covering half the front room!
Fri 20/12/02 at 00:13
Regular
Did you get the 19" 9glr monitor mate?.

c..b
Thu 19/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
i dont need speakers nor a monitor shaves off a few quid for me.
Thu 19/12/02 at 18:50
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Nah I upgraded to a 19" though :D

If I had the extra cash I would of got one though.
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:39
Regular
Did you get any of the funky case mods that sr do, also not a bad pc, won't need to upgrade for ages.

c.b.
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:56
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I have got the MAXX 4D P4 2800 sitting in my house waiting for christmas day I have had a Time PC "shudders"
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:37
Regular
Sounds like it will be a pretty good spec mate go to one of the online overclockingstores for it, also Might be worth keeping in mind that SR will fit most of them things apart from the xms ram :).

c.b
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
No probs AMD

Interesting points made

I was going to get a MaxxPC but want a higher spec beast that most companies will not offer as standard e.g. Corsair XMS RAM, ATI 9700Pro graphics card, Audigy 2 soundcard and 6.1 6700 speakers etc etc etc

I am lucky as a guy who works with my wife has built systems before and is giving me a hand where I have slight grey areas

Jobs a good un :o)
Wed 18/12/02 at 23:18
Regular
Right i have just added the cost of the MAXX 4D P4 2400 PC and the total came to......... wait for it

£1070.70

The seeling price is........ wait for it

£1099.99

This is using the cheaest sites i know of and also searching around for cheaper prices, the motherboard was on a promotional thingy and i used OEM prices for most things, also did not include delivery in any of the items and when you build it you do not get 1 years on-site warrenty free (as SR do with there delivery), i can't put a list of all the components that are used as im not sure that would be fair on SR, but they are all good quality, you could build a lot cheaper pc but with bad quality items that will probably not last very long and make the pc more unstable, look mate im not trying to get your heccles up, it's just you will be supprised, how long ago did you work for SR, as a lot can happen in a small amount of time all components are better, and you get more for your money.

Try beating that price, i bet you you can't. :), also don't get to defensive about it, it's a chat forum not an argumant forum, i know i might have sounded a bit nasty in the other post but nothing againt you, i was just putting my view across and biggin up the MAXX pc range :).

Also Fangface sorry if we are trashing your thread,

c.b.
Wed 18/12/02 at 20:15
Regular
u are getting a good deal as long as its not time, pcworld or staples pc's!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.