GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC Review of Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast '.
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:01
Regular
I believe it got 68%...why?!

Anyone with the mag on the forums be able to help me out here?
I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm really in two minds now.
Just some understanding of why it got such a poor score would be reassuring.

Cheers.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
cipro wrote:
I just hope it's as
> good as the last one namely Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Now that game
> was amazing.

I can safely say that it's much better, the lightsaber battles are amazingly refined and instead of just 2 swings of the saber to choose from there's tons. Single player levels have been made more involved with better objectives and more varied levels. OVerall a great game, also the DM lightsaber battles against bots are really good fun, even on your own.
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I have P.C jedi outcast, there is nothing special about it, the force powers are novel, but its just a standard platformer/ action game, nothing special.
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:55
Regular
gamespot gave a pretty good review of nightfire tho well constructed Single player and pretty good MP.
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've been meaning to get this game for a while, but I think I'll be getting it on PC since it only costs £15. From everything I've read from PC magazines though, it's a good game, I just hope it's as good as the last one namely Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Now that game was amazing.
Tue 26/11/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Australian Person."
I don't really know I'f I should trust reviews, or opinions these days. First this gets 68% then some fool rambles on about Starfox being bad ... :P
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:55
Regular
I played it at GAME and it was really good except for the graphics...
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Those lightsaber resistant things were sooo difficult. The first time in that circular chamber, I think I ended up slowing down time and slicing off their heads, or something. The only way to defeat them was to slow down time, it was so good, because you had to have a strategy. Perhaps Rare could learn a few things...
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:23
Regular
Grip that was it.

I liked picking them up and shaking them like a doll :D

Then dropping them off a high platform to the floor, obviously.

Damn, I wish I'd made a copy before my brother took it to Uni.
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:21
Regular
You know those super evil Jedi (forgot the name), one type had lightsaber resistant armour and the other type was semi invisible?

The level where you first met some (living that is, I beleive you saw the armour prototypes before) that ruled!

You go in that circular chamber and one resistant and one invisible jump out from the floor and take you in.

That was so cool, just like the fighting in the films using all your powers and stuff. Excellant.
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Force Grip?
Where you could pick up enemies from a distance and swing them all over the shop?
In the level with the tie fighter hangars, I loved to pick up one stormtrooper and swing him into all his mates, before dropping him from a great height. Oh yes...
*drools*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.