GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vodka Muffins"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/07 at 16:59
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
It turns out that chocolate muffins and vodka go very well together! Not everyone seems to appreciate it, but I thought it tasted lovely, highly recommended! If you try it make sure the muffin has a case, keeps the vodka in when you pour it on the muffin. :)

Also recently tried vodka jellies, they're evil!

Anyone else made any new creations Jamie Oliver would be clearly proud of using alcohol?
Thu 18/10/07 at 16:59
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
It turns out that chocolate muffins and vodka go very well together! Not everyone seems to appreciate it, but I thought it tasted lovely, highly recommended! If you try it make sure the muffin has a case, keeps the vodka in when you pour it on the muffin. :)

Also recently tried vodka jellies, they're evil!

Anyone else made any new creations Jamie Oliver would be clearly proud of using alcohol?
Thu 18/10/07 at 17:49
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Oh dear God! OK, I really feel the need to go home and try that now! That does sounds rather interesting...although I'm not overly keen on the idea of a soggy muffin :-/ Does it not just go all horrid?!
Thu 18/10/07 at 18:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Surprisingly not! You've gotta try it, it's one of those things you must do in life! :-P

You'll be surprised how good it is! Much better than evil vodka jellies.
Thu 18/10/07 at 18:24
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Vodka jellies are evil, I will give you that! Odd things, and yet so intriguing...

I'm guessing when you say pour in vodka, you mean like a shot's worth or some similar amount, rather than submerging it in a pints worth? :p Tesco's finest triple choc muffin...here I come!
Thu 18/10/07 at 18:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I had about 9 vodka jellies and half a muffin, the girl I was with had 11 and the other half of the muffin. I don't know how she did it!

Well when we created the new breed of muffins we did just pour a bottle over it, not too sure how much went into it in the end! :-P
Thu 18/10/07 at 18:47
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Ok, that sounds sick You must have had a pure slushy mush if you poured over nearly a bottle! Unless it was a miniture!? :p I don't think I have any Vodka though...or do I...I may have to try with Ouzo instead if the worst comes to the worst.
Thu 18/10/07 at 18:52
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Haha, don't worry the bottle only had a lil bit left in it (sorry poor phrasing on my part) enough for a fair few shots but not an entire bottle no! :)

Hmm... that could work too! May have to make cider muffins next or something.
Thu 18/10/07 at 18:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Reminds me of a party I was at a few years back.
After finishing off the beers in the fridge we were looking for more to drink - me and this guy paul found a bottle of kentucky burbon which neither of us really liked.

Ended up taking a shot of it followed by a bite of chocolate cake then a wee drink of irn bru.
Could hardly taste the drink and we ended up finishing the bottle.

I've been tempted to make a chocolate cake and add a decent amount of burbon to it to see how it tastes.
Thu 18/10/07 at 19:04
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Wow, where's Ladybird, we may actually have a cookery thread on here after all! :o Yes, it's involving alcohol...but none the less, it's cookery!

I think we should all try and make some sort of random concoction (IF 18 OR ABOVE WHEN ALCOHOL IS INVOLVED!!), eat/slurp it up and post our results, and the recipe...if it's nice!
Thu 18/10/07 at 19:13
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
At this party they seemed obsessed with vodka. Everything was soaked in it, except the muffins so we felt obliged. But yeah even the innocent looking 'water' melon wasn't sober!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.