GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X - The Ending Scenes...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Mon 25/11/02 at 22:53
Regular
OK....so you've read this far....that means one of three things.

1) You've got the game and haven't finished it yet, in which case I strongly advise you to stop reading now, because you really should see the ending for yourself
2) You've completed FFX, in which case read on and discuss
3) It's a thread by FM, therefore worth reading. I can accept that but still, if you fall under number one above, stop reading NOW.

I know there was a thread on this before but I think it's archived now.

So...the way I see it the ending could be one of two things:

Firstly, a blitzball player called Tidus falls asleep, has a dream, then wakes up. This, in my view, is a bit of a cop out in the same vein as 'Bobby Ewing wakes up in the shower' scene from Dallas.

Secondly, and more complicated, is that Tidus WAS actually part of the dream of the Fayth, conjured up by them to end the dream for them, because they did actually exist and they were actually tired of dreaming. Taking this ending further, once the Fayths were defeated (including Sin, who was drawing his power from all those Fayths just before you got to Zanarkand Ruins) then why was the final scene added of Tidus waking up and swimming towards the viewer? Did the Fayths give him a second chance and conjure him up again to be with Yuna? They can't have sent him back to the original Zanarkand because that was part of their dream too...so where did Tidus wake up in that final sequence?

I prefer the second scenario, but I'm left with a nasty taste in my mouth that if I should ever play another FF game again that it will end in the same way: the 'It was all a dream' cop out.

So is FF X-2 just going to be another Tidus dream? Or will Tidus actually appear in it alongside Yuna?

One thing that really grated on my nerves was the fact that after defeating Sin, you couldn't continue to develop your characters and explore a bit more. You couldn't revisit old places from your travels and get the reactions from the inhabitants to your victory. In a sense you could do this after you used the airship to knock Sin to the ground, but after you've past that last save sphere, that's it, no turning back.

Yeah, I've reloaded the game and am now powering up to get the Tornado Overdrive for Auron and powering the rest of the characters around the Sphere Grid by fighting Don Tonberry in the arena, then I'm going to go back and see if I can take out Sin in one hit, but I could have done all this ages ago if I'd known that Sin was going to be the boss that ends the game completely. I could have had a lot of fun wasting Seymour with just one of my characters if I'd known that, so I may just start from scratch again up until the point where I get the airship.

Any other theories on the ending?
Thu 28/11/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Loves Cookies"
Ack the sad-us(?) thing happened to me...after i beated Yu-Yeavon i got the cut-scene but half way through the bit where all the aeons were flying up it froze....i waited for about 10 misn and then it came up with - The End - i was so....annoyed!
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:14
"griever"
i like the bit where you see all the aeons even the secret ones like anima magus sisters but i didnt see yojimbo
Thu 28/11/02 at 10:03
Regular
Certainly gave us something to talk about though!
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:33
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I was disappointed with Final Fantasy X's ending personally. It just didn't give enough away, and I just found that it ended up being a totally naff cut-scene. Disappointing. Really.
Thu 28/11/02 at 07:58
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> How do you enjoy eating Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts?

I like to put them in the back of my helicopter, fly directly towards a large bridge or cliff, jump out at the last minute using a parachute, and watch as the donuts explode and burst into flames.
Wed 27/11/02 at 20:26
"period drama"
You forgot your capital letters, question marks and most of the punctuation.

I'm in a bad mood today, so I'll probably rip anything out of you I can grab hold of.
Wed 27/11/02 at 20:21
"griever"
sorry for calling you an idiot i thought you were just spamming like other people and i dont have vice city yet.
and what are you an english teacher
Wed 27/11/02 at 20:08
"period drama"
SleepingLionheart wrote:
> not really all in see are words you cant sense sarchasm and also other
> people were talking about yuna being his mum

You know, I've seen you spell sarcasm wrong about 5 times. Maybe it's because you have no grasp of when people may be being sarcastic.
Irony seems to slip past you, too.

By the way, I'm 'That idiot talking about being married to America"
Which, if you may or may not know is the ad for "Exploder" from GTA:VC which was stuck in my head - hence the apology afterwards.

Just one question.
How do you enjoy eating Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts?
Wed 27/11/02 at 19:43
"griever"
not really all in see are words you cant sense sarchasm and also other people were talking about yuna being his mum
Wed 27/11/02 at 11:10
Regular
"  "
You may have noticed that I was just joking :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.