GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart - Cheat Mode On"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 23:19
Regular
Just thought I'd ask this question just becuase you know, I have nothing else better to do.

Anyway.

On Mario Kart 64 we all know how the computer players were cheating little blighters and would catch up with you in a flash despite the fact that you just jumped the wall on Mario Raceway for the third lap in succession, the rascals are stillend up right on your tail.

Now do you like this? Irritating as it is it kept the game interesting and I believe it to be one reason why we go back to it so much but would you like to see this in the new game? Seriously I would, simply becuase it will make the game last so much longer, we've all played racing games where we storm ahead of the pack then drive around solitary for three laps, it's boring as hell.

So what do you think?
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
The best trick is to lag behind a bit in a multiplayer game and then you get stars and lightnings whereas if you're always in first all you get are stinking bananas!
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Baros!!!"
When I used to race my mates, I always used to ride over the finishing line backwards to make it two wins in 1 game, and they never used to notice.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I think Mario Kart 64 was better as far as a multiplayer experience. I remember the day when I found out how to do the cheat on Wario Stadium - my mates couldn't believe it. The dirty thing is, I didn't even tell them how to do it until maybe the tenth game or something. Ahhh...the power of knowledge!
Wed 27/11/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hated that in the N64 game - but it definitley did make the game more exciting and interesting as you trugged-on towards the Finnish Line of Lap 3. By catching-up with you, you now have something to aim those Red Shells at! :D And the Spikey Blue ones too. :)
Just let them one inch ahead of you and... *WHEEE*... *BANG!* :D

I think they should include in the GC update, but either have it as an On/Off feature or maybe for only a select few characters - maybe only the bad ones like Bowser, who would naturally cheat?

Also, there MUST be more characters after Smash Bros., otherwise the game may not do as-well on-line. I'd also like to see a new Item-or-two included aswell, along with some unlockable stuff too.
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
maddmun wrote:
> I didn't have Mario Kart 64 :'(
> I had MArio Kart though, Koopa Trooper and Yoshi were the best

---

You probably missed one of the best games on the N64, but in my opinion, Super Mario Kart on the SNES was a lot better.

It was so fun to play - especially in the 2-player mode, and me and my best mate spent so much time just going through the game over and over again - top stuff! Koopa Troopa kicked! And wasn't it just amazing when they played each character's own music when they won a race?! :-D

Anyway, yeah, you missed a great game missing Mario Kart 64, but Super Mario Kart beats it hands down any day. :-D
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Toad or Yoshi were the best for racing while Bowser, DK and Wario were battle mode stars!

When you are in last player on a GP and starting, if you are Toad or Yoshi and get a turbo start, jump and as you hit the person in front you will fly over everyone and land miles ahead!

It works best with someone big in front of you!
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:16
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Firstly, lol at AJ's tag.

Secondly, I think the whole idea of the catching up thing could be toggled on or off, but it is a pretty vague thing.

And thirdly, the line-up SHOULD be like in Mario Tennis, but MAYBE without the Kongs. Then, they could create a racing equivalent of SSb, so it's not just Mario characters. Maybe it shouldn't just be karts - Dk could could go on Rambi, Sonic could run, Mario on Yoshi (and vice-versa :D) etc.
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:14
Regular
I didn't have Mario Kart 64 :'(
I had MArio Kart though, Koopa Trooper and Yoshi were the best
Tue 26/11/02 at 21:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I always used to go Bowser or Yoshi in Mario Kart 64 - they both rocked!

Did anyone else notice that if you got ahead of the train on the first lap then you had a really good chance of pulling away from the group? I could lap people, but only ever on Kalimari Desert... or if I did the cheat on Rainbow Road.

Ah, Mario Kart 64 - along with Goldeneye this brings back some memorable multiplayer moments.
Tue 26/11/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Wario was in Mario Kart 64.

Here are the 8 characters that were in Mario Kart 64:

Wario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Toad
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Princess Peach

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.