GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cleaning my console. I want to drench it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 09:18
Regular
Hi,

I have an N64 and a PSX and I'm wondering if it's possible to soak my N64 (and maybe my PSX) in a bath full of alcohol? The reason being is that I had a little dirty accident with both and need to take desperate measures. And no, it's not that.

What I'm thinking is, if a use alcohol it will evaporate when I take it out to dry. Therefore it would be like no liquid came in contact with the machine in the end, right? I'm not sure if this method would work with the PSX as there's a CD drive to deal with. But if I'm soaking it, what the heck.

That's all, thanks.
Tue 26/11/02 at 19:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If you put it in a liquid, the stuff will touch it, even if it does evaporate later - damage could/probably would have bee done.

I like Starlights analogy.

And its a waste of alcohol.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:43
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I left my N64 in an old desk draw for months without using it and when I did come to use it I found that it now stincks 'strongly' of wood preserver. Don't ask me where this chemical came from as the desk was never treated with such a thing. The smell could just be a natural product of the wood but it is very, very strong.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:32
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I've got a feeling that you'll end up destroying your console like that. There must be another way!
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:03
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Can't you just clean it with polish? Surely that would work, I've cleaned mine with polish before.

So what's this accident you've had with it, you may as well tell us it's not as if you know us anyway so I don't really matter does it.
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:56
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I'm hoping the alcohol will neutralise the odour...
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Don't be so stooped.

That's never going to work.

Can I put this bullet in my head then take it out later I mean it will be as if the bullet was never there right?
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:44
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Oh, and N64 cartridges.
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:41
Regular
"where's my tag?"
The bottom line is will it be ok to have everypart of the N64 (inside and outside parts) submerged in a bath of pure alcohol for about 13-14 hours?
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:26
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Sounds like somebody got a cat :p

There are non electrically conductive sprays on the market designed epsecially for such 'accidents' and the like, i cant think of the brand names off the top of my head tho sry but they foam up when sprayed then disolve safely within minutes.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:03
Regular
"No Sex"
heh. go on, drench it. its so gay it wont mind a little bubble bath.

he he he

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.