GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pointless' Pointless, Triviatacular Extravanganza"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 09:58
Regular
A short stewing for all would be gaming gurus out there, first person to correctly answer all of the questions may proclaim themselves the monarch of mystery, or conquerer of the quiz. Now your starter for ten...

"I plead the first" - A collection of gaming firsts, can you correctly identify the numero uno...

1) What game was the first to feature a now famous mustachioed, Italian plumber?

2) Which PC, C64, and Spectrum title was the first ever game to use 3D graphics?

3) Name the first ever 3D platform game to appear on a gaming console.

4) Which game, and what system, was the first ever title based upon Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels?

5) Which game, and what system, would you find the first instance of a character named "Miles Prower"?

"Whodunnit?" - A collection of mysterious faces, can you shed light on the correct culprit?

6) Who was the original creator of the T-Virus and what sinister corporate front did they create which continues to crop up in titles to this day? A bonus point if contestants can correctly cite the middle initial of this persons full name.

7) Loathed by their sister, frozen, suffered from forced amnesia, took part in a certain famous tournament, and worked as a professional killer... who would we associate with this description?

8) Inventor of parachute knickers, occasionally named after a form of fungi.

9) A man hidden behind a robotic ninja costume, out for revenge... and release, with the help of an old friend. Can you provide the correct name?

10) Another gaming first, this canine character knows how to strut his stuff, his favourite note is "b flat".

"The hills are alive with the sound of..." - Name that place.

11) Name the mythical land in which we first met the characters Link, and Zelda.

12) The humanly challenged domain in which the brothers mario made their first concurrent appearance.

13) A place where we might discover a pink, bulbous character, who can hold his breath for a very long time.

14) The city in which one would expect to encounter the living dead, and cheesy voice acting.

15) The homeworld of two alien joyriders, one large and orange, the other wobbly and red.

Answers on the back of a postcard please. As ever, your first answer is the only one which can be accepted; so think carefully before making your choice.
Thu 28/11/02 at 17:29
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> You can answer the questions without quoting them. Just list the
> question number, and then your answer. :P
>
> Can people please stop answering the question categories? LoL. ;)
>
> Psychotic's score:
>
> 4 correct answers given out of 10 attempted.
>
> Had to accept your first answer for question 11, couldn't accept the
> second. ;)
>
> It's getting more amusing because some of the incorrect answers you
> gave, were *very* close to the correct answers for other questions. ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!*Bangs Head against wall* Gawd... Rosalind*puts up a fist* arghhhh!!!!
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:40
"You love us!"
In Disguise wrote:
> The_King wrote:
>
> "I think they should ban more of the sad people who inhabit this
> forum"
>
> This was you right?

Yes that was me. And I fully stand by that comment 100%.

There are many, many sad people on this forum who I think should be banned instantly. I think SR should get ban and block the IP of the Fanboy brigade and any other lamers that talk cr@p, they bring nothing to the forum other than BS.

However, there are some decent people on here who are do what I do, chat while at work (and some do so at home also). These people are not sad at all, and most are intelligent with relevant and interesting things to say.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The_King wrote:

"I think they should ban more of the sad people who inhabit this forum"

This was you right?
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:01
"You love us!"
Rosalind wrote:
> Hey your a regular now....
>
>
> *****flashback******
>
>
> ahh I remember the days when you called us sad/ no lifes (or something
> similar).
>
>
> ****fades out*******

Hmm, i don't remember this?
Thu 28/11/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Hey your a regular now....

*****flashback******

ahh I remember the days when you called us sad/ no lifes (or something similar).

****fades out*******

Oh well done on the quiz. I didn't do too bad considering I'm a girl. I'm not supposed to know about this sort of stuff.
Thu 28/11/02 at 11:12
"You love us!"
Thank you and goodnight!
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:27
"Stupid Newbie :D"
That puts Ros at 11/15 +1, and Echelon at 15/15 +1 having answered all the questions correctly, which does indeed make him our trivia winner. ;)
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
nubbins wrote:
> sorry but don't have time to do pointless quiz , i have a life.

This isn't pointless, this is testing your knowlegde on what you know about the games from the past/present.
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:51
"You love us!"
Oh, and i think that makes me the winner ;-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:51
"You love us!"
Jumping Flash

Parapa the Rapper

(Nice one Roz, you just beat me to these two - damn you ;-)

and finally…

The first discworld game was called, ‘The Colour of Magic’ and was available for the Spectrum.

And there you go. Job done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.