GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst game of the year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 10:03
Regular
I'll start the ball rolling with

TOCA RACE DRIVER
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:16
"Darkness, always"
Considering that of the games I have played, I haven't liked any of them, I am loathed to vote anything, so I'll vote for a game I haven't played - FFX.

Sorry, has to be that way.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:56
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
OK, so you have played PS2 games. So we want to know your vote for best of the year. Don't shirk the issue.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:48
"Darkness, always"
Darwock wrote:
> Right IB, since you were so kind to grace us with your opinions, I
> would now like to see you post in the 'best game of the year' thread
> as well please. PS2 titles only remember. You might have to rely on
> your all-seeing eye seeing as how you don't have much experience of
> any PS2 titles.

Are you blind, or just pig ignorant?

I'm not going to bother popping threads that state how much I have actually played PS2 games, nor will I bother re-iterating it for you.

Your brand of selective memory is just mind-numbingly irritating, and I consider you to be one of the most pathetic users on this board, in the same category as Cherry (Top Score).

Go away.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nomino wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Agent Under Fire and Red Faction. Pathetic excuses for FPS action
> games.
>
> cipro. Pathetic excuse for a forum member.

Oh my, can't except that people actually find those games complete crap? Grow up then, not everyone's going to love bland and un-involving FPS, me being one of them.

Just for the record, Agent Under Fire has some great graphics, and some amazing driving sections, only let down by dull, and lifeless shooting levels which link them together. Plus I completed it the same day I purchased it, crap.

Red Faction is uninspiring, and unadventurous. It plays like one big giant technology test demo for the overrated Geo-Mod engine. Repetitive levels, crap graphics and a lack of any real pace. It's boring and repetitive and comes with one of the crappest multiplayer modes ever.

Red Faction 2 is all right though, glad to see the developers went back and actually developed a game.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:04
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Right IB, since you were so kind to grace us with your opinions, I would now like to see you post in the 'best game of the year' thread as well please. PS2 titles only remember. You might have to rely on your all-seeing eye seeing as how you don't have much experience of any PS2 titles.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:48
"Darkness, always"
I would mention GTA3/VC and the entire Tony Hawks series.

And cipro is bang on with Red Faction. It was complete rubbish. It does have some strange cult following though.
Thu 28/11/02 at 12:47
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Oh my god!! Rez is a classic! I've never played anything like Stage 5 in my life!
Thu 28/11/02 at 12:34
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Agent Under Fire and Red Faction. Pathetic excuses for FPS action
> games.

cipro. Pathetic excuse for a forum member.

Onto the topic in hand, "Rez" by SEGA is the ultimate in repetition and crapness.
Thu 28/11/02 at 12:02
Regular
That's good news FM! Poor old Nintendo... its just one blow after another.

To answer Ros, you could be right about Portal Runner, I think it is more recent, and could be 2002. To be honest though, I try not to keep track of them.
Thu 28/11/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
ssxpro wrote:

> On the subject of games from 2001 though, how `bout all those Army Men
> games?

Portal Runner, was that 2002? I played a demo of that. Sucked big time. I'm never going to buy a 3DO game ever!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.