GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"6th form"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 16:31
Regular
Are any of you in the 6th form and if so do you take any of the following subjects:

English Language
Media
Computing
History
English Literature

If you take any of those subjects could you please let me know if they are good/bad please as my school is pressuring us to choose already.

Cheers

-kyz-
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
We got pretty good teaching. we got this new guy who has spent his whole life working in TV. His last BIG thing was a little something called the World cup. He's worked on Top Of The Pops, Sky news and loads more stuff that I forget. He's taking us up to SkyTv in about 2 weeks time and he's trying to get us some work experience there.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:54
Regular
"That's right!"
My ND is worth three A levels I believe. Too bad I'm already failing it (everyone is, every single mother funner failed the last project, because the teaching is CRAP)

Ah well, I have two A levels anyway, I'm not doing this course for the qualifications, I'm doing it for the practical knowledge. I already have a good understanding of how to operate a camera, how to edit and how to record sound. I could probably leave right now if I wanted, but there are some fun projects coming up which I want to do
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
By the way, do media (a good media course anyway) and you will never look at a film or TV programme the same again. Once you know how it's done it kinda takes away the fantasy. But if you want a career in it then it's so great to do.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Media at 6th form sucks.

Go to college and do a BND course in it (it's worth 3 A-Levels, while the one at most 6th forms is just AS level which is only half an A-Level)
Wed 27/11/02 at 20:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The best A-Levels to do are:
>
> Pure Mathematics - A-Level
> Applied Mathematics - A-Level
> Economics - A-Level
>
> Choose these and ride the breeze of simplicity.

For you maybe.

*whimpers at mere thought of such terror*

Give me literature and videos anyday!
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Link to the Future"
We had to choose our sixth form subjects a while back, I decided to go for English Lit., History, Economics and Politics. Does anyone know if they're any good?
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:55
Regular
"That's right!"
I was at my high school's 6th form centre. No media for me. That's why I'm doing an ND in media production now, instead of doing a uni course. Ah, if only I'd gone to college two years ago, instead of wasting my time at 6th form
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:23
"Darkness, always"
The best A-Levels to do are:

Pure Mathematics - A-Level
Applied Mathematics - A-Level
Economics - A-Level

Choose these and ride the breeze of simplicity.
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:12
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I would idealy like ot be a journalist, English language and media are
> a MUST if I want to proceed in the course. I excell naturally at
> history and enjoy it so it should be an easy and fun extra A at A
> level.

If you're applying for journalism they don't look at media and English Language in a more favourable light, as English lIterature is seen as a more challenging A-level. And I wouldn't jump the gun on history, or do four full A-levels; it's a lot of work. Particularly as most of the history boards require you to be able to write humungous essays in really short periods of time. Also, one module that lots of schools seem keen on is a statistical approach to analysing WWII. And that is a lot of stuff to learn.
Wed 27/11/02 at 09:37
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I moved up to year 12(lower sixth) in september. I do History, IT, Sociology and Eng Lit. History is ok, but getting a bit tedious now. English Lit, Sociology and IT are all ok, but they ain't all that exciting right now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.