GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHATS THE BEST CONSOLE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 18:28
Regular
What do you think the best console is. Lets have a vote.
Just say what you think is the best. Eg. Ps2, PS1
Thu 28/11/02 at 10:05
Regular
Faster Master Blaster wrote:
> xbox
>
> i mean look at the bundle you get halo splinter cell and two more for
> £197.99

Splinter cell to be multi-format soon!

PS2 sales more units without the need to chuck in games. But there are store bundles around for PS2 as well anyway.
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
The X-Box controller is pants, though. No good having 4 games if they're all unplayable.
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:59
Regular
""to many dead hero""
xbox

i mean look at the bundle you get halo splinter cell and two more for £197.99
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
the hard man wrote:
> my BIG willy!

*remembers Gareth from The Office*

heh
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:50
Regular
PS2 has the largest collection of games. Many games also go multi-format, but some still launch first on PS2. Also has a number of exclusive titles. Has a DVD movie player, plus digital surround sound. Online with hard disc drive will be possible later with adaptor. This will require a broadband signal (not all area's are served), and there will be some form of payment for access.

XBox has a performance edge, although it's not light years ahead. Many of the games are ports from the PS2 and look identical or only very slightly better. Some port title's take longer to appear on XBox. There are a few exclusives worth considering. Plays DVD movies but only if used with the remote. Digital surround sound. Hard disc has potential but is under used by many games. A memory card is still required if you want to take saved games round to a friends house. Already has Broadband for online, and the service should launch in the near future. You must live in an area served by broadband signals in order to go online. There will be some form of subscription charge.

GameCube is available in a selection of colours. Also the cheapest of the 3 consoles. Games are stored on small discs, which hold less data than the other consoles which could lead to problems later when bigger games are produced. Not compatible with DVD (or CD). No digital surround sound, only ProLogic2. Many games are ports from PS2 and look identical. There are a number of exclusive titles.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:49
Regular
Who said Savo was getting better?
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2, PS2.

(Sorry if this is spam)

Look the PS2 has the most votes, console war over.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:34
Regular
Thanks for the examples Rossco, I would have been lost without them.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:16
i said it will be the same question again in a couple of years time
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:37
Regular
No one should care anymore. The cross platform conformity of the games industry at the moment defies the uniqueness and abilities of different platforms, only first party or exclusive titles take a full advantage of the each platforms individual strongths.

What you should be looking at is who are the best games developers in the world, and then look at what platforms their best games are on.

Personal preference will then decide the best console to be buying, not which is the theoretical "best".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.