GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeloader - what going on?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
I pre-odered a Freeloader disc back in August and Datel hasn't even released it yet! So I've now got three import games that are waiting to be played. What a bummer. Does anyone have any info on a DEFINITE release date for it?

Thanks.
Thu 28/11/02 at 01:29
Regular
redeyez wrote:
> Why hasn't this forum got an edit function...?
>
> I really want this disk to be released but you can't blame people for
> being skeptical, is it worth me buying MP before xmas, I don't want to
> be sitting there with the game if I can't play it and will I be able
> to play my copy of OOT/URA Zelda/GC Zelda(in fact I'll have 5
> copies!!!) that my sister is bringing back from Japan when she comes
> home for a couple of weeks mid-december...? Now I would have waited
> for the PAL versions if it wasn't for this product being hyped so
> much.

hmmm, another newbie!
lol

can you understand japanese?
if not i suggst you do not buy zelda! wait for tyh US release then get it!
in fact, instead of waiting years for freeloader why not get your cube chipped?
by the time freeloader comes out your warranty will be void so why not?!?!!?!?
you have nothing to lose!
Thu 28/11/02 at 01:25
Regular
rabid wrote:
> From what i heard Nintendo refused to help Datel with the issue of
> getting the software to work on a mini-disk, sure the freeloader works
> on a regular sized rom but thats no good for GC owners.

nintendo backed datel all the way, except when they discovered that it would play copie3d games!

te hacve now been watching this closely and also made sure copied games cannot be played!
Thu 28/11/02 at 01:23
Regular
er-no wrote:
> From the rumours I have heard, it seems the previous version of the
> code was not compatible with Mario Sunshine. So, Datel would have
> simply bought the licence from Panasonic to be able to just insert the
> right code to load a disc on the Gamecube console. So, hopefully it
> shouldn't be long anymore, we all just need to be patient before
> playing our import Bio Hazard Zero during Christmas holiday ;)

nope, it s mainly due to not woring on 2 disc games, so resi is straight out!
they havent managed to overcome this yet, but if it does ever come out, ill still be happy with my 25 us games!
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:52
Well the e-mail was posted on the NTSC-UK forum, i'll go and have a search for it, I do agree that goblin would probably misinform people to keep orders.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:49
Regular
It is also logical to come to the conclusion that Goblin Direct would announce release dates and keep claiming to have been emailed by Datel to keep confidence in themselves so as to stop people cancelling their pre-orders.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:47
Why hasn't this forum got an edit function...?

I really want this disk to be released but you can't blame people for being skeptical, is it worth me buying MP before xmas, I don't want to be sitting there with the game if I can't play it and will I be able to play my copy of OOT/URA Zelda/GC Zelda(in fact I'll have 5 copies!!!) that my sister is bringing back from Japan when she comes home for a couple of weeks mid-december...? Now I would have waited for the PAL versions if it wasn't for this product being hyped so much.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:42
I understand your point edgy, maybe it was codejunkies that e-mailed them then(and I don't have to tell you they are very close with them)the point is the e-mail said it was 100%DEFINATE, hardly a maybe, anyway where do you think Goblin would get them from, the more they sell the more datel sell, now thats logical.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:38
Here we have it, confirmation that they CANNOT RE-PRODUCE THE GAMECUBE DISKS(which I would hardly call a minor porblem as the very product relies on Datel being able to re-produce the disks, I'll will gladly eat my hat if it does come out before christmas)

From CodeJunkies.com

Many people are contacting us and asking when FreeLoader and Action Replay for GameCube will be released.

We have always given release dates in good faith, based on feedback from our engineers. It has never been our intention to give misleading information, and we sincerely regret having to delay the launch several times. Our products are not officially licensed by Nintendo so they sometimes take longer to develop than we would like, and this has unfortunately been the case with these two GameCube products.

FreeLoader and Action Replay for GameCube are very important products for us. We are the only unofficial developer with the technical know-how needed to produce such ground-breaking products. Please rest assured that as soon as FreeLoader and Action Replay are thoroughly tested and available for release, all our customers with pre-orders will be the very first to receive stock. We can totally understand your frustration at having to wait this long, as it's been an incredibly frustrating time for us too, but we're now very close to releasing FreeLoader.

We've seen various release dates across the net, and although most retailers are trying to guess the launch date in good faith, we must stress that you should ONLY trust the official announcements that you read here at www.codejunkies.com. If there is no release date specified, then that's because we're not exactly sure ourselves and we do not want to pluck one out of thin air. We know that's not what you want to hear but we are doing our utmost to at least get FreeLoader out before Christmas 2002. Action Replay will follow shortly afterwards, hopefully in January 2003.

We hope you will bear with us, as these products are certainly going to be worth the wait, we can guarantee you that. Both products are in fact 100% complete and have already been reviewed by G-Force magazine using our custom-made development kit. THE DELAY IS DUE TO SOME MINOR TECHNICAL ISSUES IN DUPLICATING THE DISCS, which we are currently pouring all our resources into (so much so, that we've had to postpone all Xbox development until these have been resolved).

So it shouldn't be long now, but if you have already pre-ordered either Action Replay for GameCube, or FreeLoader from us and now wish to obtain a refund, please contact [email protected] with your order details, and we'll be happy to help you out.

Please note that we have temporarily removed the option to pre-order these products. Don't worry, this does not mean that they've been cancelled - both products will definitely be released as soon as possible. As soon as we are taking orders again, we will let you know. If you want to be among the first to know when this will be, please sign up for the Codejunkies e-mail newsletter on the front page of the site.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:34
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
From what i heard Nintendo refused to help Datel with the issue of getting the software to work on a mini-disk, sure the freeloader works on a regular sized rom but thats no good for GC owners.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It worked on the Dreamcast, why wouldn't it work on the GC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.