GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Games are they a Rip off........."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 17:02
Regular
Hi

Do you think PS2 games are a rip-off at £40-£45. The majority of games only seem take a 10-15 hours to complete and after that you don’t really don’t want to go back and find every last thing to get 100% . For instance I bought MGP 2 last week which I completed 80% in one weekend I mean I’m not some sort of gaming God or anything but it just takes the Pi……. Ok you do get games like GT3, SSX T & Pro Evolution etc which you will go back to time and time again but these games are few and far between. Even the new MGS 2 is only suppose to take about 10 hours to complete and that's ment to be the best game ever. What are your thoughts on this subject.

Thanks
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:55
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Plus I would like to add that hardly any topic on these forums always sticks to the same sunject. One or two posts almost certainly always make the discussions flow and not just stop on one single area. And considering the discussion was started while we were referring to the original points of the topic, I feel that there was nothing wrong with that.

Oh and if you call that discussion SPAM, then I would like you to tell me what a post saying "LOL, ye you are right" is.

If you were not referring to us, then my apologies
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:52
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The Exterminator wrote:
> Before you start flapping your gums and spamming like everyone else said look at
> SR prices and other sites apart from places like comet,curry and all that.

If you are refering to mine and Triple_H's little discussion being spam and yapping about prices, why not have a little read and you relise that its not spam, and it is better than the most of the crap that has been posted today. This has been one of the first 'real' discusions of the day, and for a while around this place.

We are not discussing the prices of SR compared to other places, we are having a grown up conversation about how we feel what the cut scenes offer or dont offer to us using proper experiences.
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:47
Regular
I have to agree there, the cut scenes are some of the best that i have every scene, all the soldiers actions and movements are so life like as they quietly scout around using there *soldier sound language* and you here all there gear rattle. All adds the the mersanary atmosphere of the game.

When they first come on i find myself really interested and listen and look at everything that is going on. But as they go on longer i find myself shouting for them to stop and let me go kick some more soldiers back sides. At times i think that the game is giving us too much info, and even telling us things that we really dont need to know all that much, i kinda get the feeling that the game is trying to become more movie like than game like.
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:43
"©opy Right™"
Before you start flapping your gums and spamming like everyone else said look at SR prices and other sites apart from places like comet,curry and all that.
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:34
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well you are entitled to your opinion of course. I know a few people who say that the cut-scenes make the game look more like an action movie and they love that. And so do I. I did think that the cut-scenes keep coming thick and fast, and they still do sometimes. But they are so gripping that you sometimes wish they last longer. I personally think that you get enough time to play the game and the game only benefits from the cut-scenes. Especially considering how great they actually are. SOme cut-scenes are interactive if you have noticed. Like you can move the analogues stick when Stillman is taljking to you to look around the room. PLus you can zoom in and move the camera about during other cut-scenes.

But you will get to like the game more when you play it more. I first hated Pro Evo SOccer-I thought it was slow, responded badly to the controls and the shooting was awful. But know its the game that I play almost every day..
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:28
Regular
Oh wait, im not desputing that they are not essential for the games story, for from it, i watch them all as they have things in that you need to here and i also like how Konami keep linking the game to the previous version. But the fact is, i still feel that i have been watching more than playing, you seem to do a 10 minute play followed by a 15 minute cut scene.

You said : 'PLus they dont really feel like REAL cut-scenes since they use the game's engine.'

Well to me that makes no difference what they look like, fact is they are cut scenes and they really brake the game play up alot, as soon as one comes on i just sit back for 5-10 minutes and put the pad on the floor...im even thinking of bringing some pop corn with me next time. They may use the same graphics but you can tell they are just cut scenes all the way.
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:21
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well I wouldnormally agree with you, because thats exactly how I felt about the cut-scenes. But having played the game for a good 8 hours I now know that these cut-scenes are essential for progressing the story further. PLus they dont really feel like REAL cut-scenes since they use the game's engine.

I have paid for the game, and I think thats the best £37 I have spent in a while. I never actually looked back and though "Hmmm..should I have spent my money on this". I had doubts like that with Pro Evolution Soccer and Smackdown JBi, but I have won them mind you....
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
Now this may come as a shock to some people, but its what i feel:

Im so glad that i didnt have to pay for MGS 2, and won it with a GAD. Why? Well, its a good game but so far it feels like i have watched more than i have played in the first 5 hours of playing it. It may turn out not be around even but still its far too much, and im just glad that i didnt have to shell out £40 on this game.

Still, there is much of the game left to play, so my opinion may change soon.
Sat 09/03/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Go Johnny Go Go Go Go wrote:
> It all comes down to value for money.

That's exactly the point, if you feel that you've spent £40 on a game and it's totally sh@te then you feel that you've wasted your money.

If you've spent £40 on say GTA3 and it's lasted for say a month of solid playing, well then it's gotta be worth it.

I think it's all down to how each individual person feels.
Sat 09/03/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
It all comes down to value for money.

Only MGS2, GTA3, GT3, and Silent Hill 2 REALLY felt worth £40. A lot of the games i've bought have probably only been worth £25-30.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.